Does doing Emote-Actions Raise Temperature?

I was messing around (DST:ROG) and started in summer... When the temperature got warm, I equipped my hat made of straw and parasol made of potpourri... keeping to the shade of the trees as to cool myself down... I am Wigfrid btw...

Mid-summer came and I was in my hobo-camp and no other viable cooling mechanism is available aside from cool clothing and the tree's shade...

Morning came and it was hot... I stuck to the shade and waited to get cooler before mining again then go back to a pine tree for more shade... I had not built the giant thermometer yet so I didn't know the current temperature but usually around this time, it would have been very, very hot...

Under a tree... I was cool enough and was still under the shade just to get even cooler... just for good measure...

To pass the time, I played with the emotes... I  */bye*'d 3 times, each as a fist-threat and a fourth one as a wave good-bye... then I */dance*'d then */happy*'d to dry my pits... then I thought I'd */joy* to catch a breeze but while mid-air, I was suddenly experiencing heat stroke! O__O

Even though I was under the shade, I kept getting hotter and hotter (Wigfrid still had the in-shade animation)... I then proceed to leave the shade... which didn't help and proceeded to hide under another pine tree of the same height (the 4-log tree level). It took a while but I stopped receiving heat damage and eventually cooled down...

So is this a real thing or am I just experiencing more green mushroom related anomalies? O__O

But I suggest you try it out first... O__O

So is this a real thing or am I just experiencing more green mushroom related anomalies? O__O

Yeah, about that, I recommend you look some more into that!

http://puu.sh/hxADN/fb0ca92ad3.png

:wolfgangstache:

Sometimes the world temperature slightly changes just enough for you to gain enough heat while freezing to make it stop for only a few seconds, then you freeze again. Emotes have nothing to do with it!  :-)

It also works with summer, where temperature decreases just enough to give you a moment to breath.

Emotes also don't have temperature-related functions in LUA. So that kind of seals it.

When it gets about mid summer the whole “hiding under a tree from the heat,” does not work that much anymore. It a mechanic that has been in there, since RoG first came around to Don't Starve. Hence why even with cool clothing, I keep a heat stone on me at all times. Either standing next to an endothermic fire or shove the stone into a fridge will bring the stone's temperature down relatively fast. So that way I can explore for a good portion of the day, without worrying about overheating.

When it gets about mid summer the whole “hiding under a tree from the heat,” does not work that much anymore. It a mechanic that has been in there, since RoG first came around to Don't Starve. Hence why even with cool clothing, I keep a heat stone on me at all times. Either standing next to an endothermic fire or shove the stone into a fridge will bring the stone's temperature down relatively fast. So that way I can explore for a good portion of the day, without worrying about overheating.

Well yeah but I went and created a new world and started in summer so I didn't have a lot of options to make cooling items aside from clothing and apparently setting almost all resources including clockwork monsters to "less" didn't help O__O (I thought I would just rely on tumble weeds XD The map was so barren.)

Started in summer and all I had was clothing and limited resources to make endothermic fire pits and camp fires O__O

But yeah...

Emotes also don't have temperature-related functions in LUA. So that kind of seals it.

OK, but wouldn't it make an entertaining mod though? Drying your pits with emotes and/or keeping warm by running in place... reminds me of Bear Grills... and his push-up after diving in a frozen river... o_O

OK, but wouldn't it make an entertaining mod though? Drying your pits with emotes and/or keeping warm by running in place... reminds me of Bear Grills... and his push-up after diving in a frozen river... o_O

Whoa, that could be the start of a great mod. I know there are "realism" mods for singleplayer Don't Starve, like thirst and stuff, so why not stamina? Running for a long time would increase your temperature but also deplete Hunger faster. Maybe the same with chopping trees or mining the whole day....

Whoa, that could be the start of a great mod. I know there are "realism" mods for singleplayer Don't Starve, like thirst and stuff, so why not stamina? Running for a long time would increase your temperature but also deplete Hunger faster. Maybe the same with chopping trees or mining the whole day....

:D YES!! Not only will it convey emotions but it will actually do something survival-related!!

Archived