With RoG added you can survive on the world without berry bushes, grass, twigs.

You will get grass and twigs from tumbleweeds.

Buzzards will provide you with food.

Only thing to worry about now are trees, so if you want destroy server you must burn all trees and all pincones, birchnuts. Only trees are not renewable.

He is talking about how you can survive the world a bit easier, despite grief attempts (I think). _Q_'s posts seem unusual from what I remember, like the sentences do not naturally flow into the next sentences. Make he is using a mobile phone for posts on the forums nowadays?

Its quite late here:P

I need sleep:D

You can survive on a destroyed world as long as you want, you don't need berry bushes or grass and twigs now, the only thing you need to take care of is wood, so you must have few trees left to replant them.

So if someone burns down your berry bushes farm or grass/twigs its not the end of the world as they are no longer needed, you can get enough of them from tumbleweeds quite fast.

For all year easy food supply just kill buzzards, they will land on rot, ice, seeds, and can be easly killed, and they respawn quite fast.

So you can live on a destroyed world as long as you want. I think flint rocks will just rain from the sky so will be able to craft spears from that, for tools you can use gold.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now.

Goodnight.

In the single player version ROG does the same thing.

It makes the game harder yet easier, however when you try and play a game online with people, the most you'll get up to is winter before everyone leaves, so you won't experience the summer heat.

While not as easy as winter, it still isn't so bad.

To be honest though, lack of food was never really the issue, it was everything else in the game, single player wise.

Now it seems to be the same thing, except slightly more or less depending on how lucky you are in finding food in comparison to a bunch of people on one game, and griefers.

The game does lose some of the charm it once did as you get really good at the game, sadly.

There's nothing new and challenging in terms of everything else. 

I don't care if I get all the food in the world, but give me dangers to get the food.

Hounds you say? I say beefalo, wooden armour and a spear. Screw you.

Giants? Okay, in multiplayer good luck even getting through that many days to see one minus dragonfly on a server, due to everyone just logging off and the server vanishing forever. You'd think winter is certified death with the amount of people that leave. Also, good luck getting co-op if people do play that long.

In singleplayer however, it's more of a case of run away far enough from it and lead it far away from the base to the point where it just gets bored and leaves you be, or lead it towards tons of beefalos and tree guards, or just live in a swamp.

Caves? Yeah. Pretty nice actually. Shame I can't dig up the mush trees. They make great lamps.

In the single player version ROG does the same thing.

It makes the game harder yet easier, however when you try and play a game online with people, the most you'll get up to is winter before everyone leaves, so you won't experience the summer heat.

While not as easy as winter, it still isn't so bad.

To be honest though, lack of food was never really the issue, it was everything else in the game, single player wise.

Now it seems to be the same thing, except slightly more or less depending on how lucky you are in finding food in comparison to a bunch of people on one game, and griefers.

The game does lose some of the charm it once did as you get really good at the game, sadly.

There's nothing new and challenging in terms of everything else. 

I don't care if I get all the food in the world, but give me dangers to get the food.

Hounds you say? I say beefalo, wooden armour and a spear. Screw you.

Giants? Okay, in multiplayer good luck even getting through that many days to see one minus dragonfly on a server, due to everyone just logging off and the server vanishing forever. You'd think winter is certified death with the amount of people that leave. Also, good luck getting co-op if people do play that long.

In singleplayer however, it's more of a case of run away far enough from it and lead it far away from the base to the point where it just gets bored and leaves you be, or lead it towards tons of beefalos and tree guards, or just live in a swamp.

Caves? Yeah. Pretty nice actually. Shame I can't dig up the mush trees. They make great lamps.

Giants could be fun, but they are not quite there, just like hounds.

The warning time of hounds and ginats approching is so long, you have enough time to run to nearest wormhole and land on the other part of the world - if you have base near a wormhole that is, if not its still enough time to move away from your structures, hit the giant once and lead him even futher away, then just make the giant attack something else, and you are free, if not then just stay away from your base till the giant despawns.

just stay away from your base till the giant despawns.

Or, just tank them... no weapons, no armor... full on fisticuffs... maybe put on a Feather Hat and Dapper Vest...

Kite and punch... kite and punch... O__O

People. Q is usually drunk or tired. Don't take him too seriously. : D

THAT'S LOW.

How dare You?

I wasn't drun since a month, maybe I should get some drink, not bad idea at all:P

Giants could be fun, but they are not quite there, just like hounds.

The warning time of hounds and ginats approching is so long, you have enough time to run to nearest wormhole and land on the other part of the world - if you have base near a wormhole that is, if not its still enough time to move away from your structures, hit the giant once and lead him even futher away, then just make the giant attack something else, and you are free, if not then just stay away from your base till the giant despawns.

Yeah, don't starve is a good game. I've played a couple of hundred hours on it. I don't do that for any other games besides tf2. TF2 is a great game however.

I just feel that at the end of it all, alot of things that could make the good into great are in there somewhere, but not fully realized. Great art style, great potential for a story, great concept, good execution. There's just something missing in the game, and I can't tell what it is. Way more enemies and creatures needed? Much more variety in worlds? A variety OF worlds? Characters who greatly vary? Obviously story is always good.... Ability to really go to town with mod making? Being able to make characters who look different from the twisted chibi-esque style template? first and third person perspective ability?

Heck, perhaps it's all of these things. who knows.

Or, just tank them... no weapons, no armor... full on fisticuffs... maybe put on a Feather Hat and Dapper Vest...

Kite and punch... kite and punch... O__O

Only time when I need to attack giant directly is just that one hit so it will target me so I can lead it away from something and right into the field of tooth traps.

One does not fight giants directly, its not worth it, the risk of making mistake while kiting is to big, and bearger can end your life in one hit, so no kiting allowed.

There is other way with ice staff/panflute + gunpowder, but it wasn't always working for me, if the gunpowder will be just a little to far away from giant it wont take any dmg.

Tooth traps are the way.

Just make base near wormhole, put field of tooth traps at the other end, when you hear giant warning and you happen to be in the base just teleport to your trap field and giant is dead after a while.

Doable even with small amount of tooth traps, you just need to reset them near giant, thats quite risky, but I was doing that without taking a single hit from giant.

One does not fight giants directly, its not worth it, the risk of making mistake while kiting is to big, and bearger can end your life in one hit, so no kiting allowed.

I was joking about the fisticuffs... but it would be awesome... -ly dangerous...

But kiting could still be viable in if your ping is not too high... but the number of times you can hit them could be reduced by like 1 to adjust for lag...

if for instance you're in a dedicated server where making bases is near impossible (because of trolls), so pretty much stocking up on gunpowder and such would be a problem...

In single player, I always tanked the giants of autumn through spring... dragonfly was always a risk so I do employ the sleep dart + gun power trick...

But I hear what you're saying... safety is key...

I was joking about the fisticuffs... but it would be awesome... -ly dangerous...

But kiting could still be viable in if your ping is not too high... but the number of times you can hit them could be reduced by like 1 to adjust for lag...

if for instance you're in a dedicated server where making bases is near impossible (because of trolls), so pretty much stocking up on gunpowder and such would be a problem...

In single player, I always tanked the giants of autumn through spring... dragonfly was always a risk so I do employ the sleep dart + gun power trick...

But I hear what you're saying... safety is key...

I can kite them, but its not worth it in the long run, sanity drain and risk of getting hit is not worth the reward for killing one of them.

I don't fight anything directly, cause I don't have to, you could survive without even crafting a weapon in this game.

sanity drain

Cooked Green shrooms abound in the swamps...

not worth the reward for killing one of them.

~Glory and Honor and Gore!!

~They are worth fighting for!!

O__O

I don't fight anything directly, cause I don't have to, you could survive without even crafting a weapon in this game.

Agreed...

Archived