Minor update to Mod Uploader

PeterA

• Developer

Hey everyone,

I pushed a minor update to the Mod Uploader today. The only change in this update is to include the standard math, string and table functions in the environment that your modinfo file is loaded into. This will allow you to do slightly more complex stuff when setting up your configuration tables.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

• Developer

@Mobbstar and @Corrosive, the mod uploader loads modinfo.lua simply so that it can read the name, description and verify that the version details have changed. It's just a lua file, so the easiest way to read it and guarantee the same results between the game and the uploader is to actually load the modinfo file into a lua environment just like the game does.

Previously the lua environment that modinfo was loaded into in the uploader didn't have all of the standard functions loaded, so you couldn't use things like string.sub and string.lower to build your configuration table. The game actually supported it, but the uploaders environment was more limited, so I added some of the basic string, math and table functions to the uploader. The uploader doesn't actually care about the configuration options, but it still needs to run all of modinfo.lua to be able to get the results.

Archived