[RoG] The Giants

Hello.

I was curious after the newer update that came that added RoG to DST i have seen that Dragonfly spawns in the desert, i also know that the Deerclops spawns on winter in your base.Where does the Bearger and Goose/Moose spawn? i havent encountered one yet and im wandering if i need to go to a specific biome like the desert where i found the Dragonfly

Does anyone know?

Bearger should arrive in Autumn in the same manner as Deerclops would arrive in Winter. If you started your world in Autumn, you will have to wait until the next Autumn to see Bearger.

Goose/Moose spawns in multiple locations. They are all next to these randomly scattered ponds that have lots of little sticks lying around on the ground. Normally these little spawn locations can be found on the light green grass biomes. However, every Goose/Moose encounter I have seen has been during the Summer instead of Spring.

Gmoose spawns in these areas:

x28oz5.jpg

Bearger should arrive in Autumn in the same manner as Deerclops would arrive in Winter. If you started your world in Autumn, you will have to wait until the next Autumn to see Bearger.

Goose/Moose spawns in multiple locations. They are all next to these randomly scattered ponds that have lots of little sticks lying around on the ground. Normally these little spawn locations can be found on the light green grass biomes. However, every Goose/Moose encounter I have seen has been during the Summer instead of Spring.

Thanks guys for your help! i appreciate it

The bearger is also no longer following you and he will not attack you when you get closer to him. He also randomly drops fur tufts which can be crafted into thick fur, so you can get his fur without killing him.

Can you confirm that the tufts blow away like ash? I have never seen it happen, but the tufts keep disappearing right where I left them.

*weeps*

I just typed 500 words in a post but accidentally went back a page and lost my post.  :hopelessness:

But basically, Dragonfly can drop the Scales before dying. It seems 50 gunpowder has a high chance of knocking it right out of her. Larvae will freeze to death in just two hits of the ice flingomatic, so those are good to spread around the arena. They need to see fire or something smoldering in order to put it out, and will not directly target Larvae as a result. Dragonfly also seems to enter the Larvae stage way before she is has 50% of her health left. However, sometimes she'll get stuck when trying to spawn Larvae and be unable to do anything. It is not really worth killing dragonfly though, because 50 gunpowder will get you the only important thing it has.

Also, Goose Moose is the best mob to trick into fighting Dragonfly due to its massive health and lack of AOE, so you can fight alongside the Goose. Goose will have no reason to target the Larvae though, since they target only the closest player.

And if you want a buddy to freeze Dragonfly while you hit 'em, know that Dragonfly will then target the ice staff user.

Ive also seen that when the Dragonfly dies he dropped green,orange,yellow,blue,purple gems

is that normal? cause the green,orange and yellow cant be used until the caves are added in the game

It is normal and not finished. I think she is going to have another important Dragonfly item.

Gmoose spawns in these areas:

x28oz5.jpg

I found a bug (probably) i am on day 64 and its summer and i went to pig king (which is very far away from my base) to trade some of my food for gold when i found a "Goose/Moose nest" like you showed in your picture and it had laid an egg (i though that the Goose/Moose was only suppose to spawn only on spring most probably a bug.

I found a bug (probably) i am on day 64 and its summer and i went to pig king (which is very far away from my base) to trade some of my food for gold when i found a "Goose/Moose nest" like you showed in your picture and it had laid an egg (i though that the Goose/Moose was only suppose to spawn only on spring most probably a bug.

I've only seen them spawn in summer too. I can't tell if this is a bug because Spring is actually the best time to fight Dragonfly. So they might of made Goose Moose a summer thing, although I am not sure. I know that Bearger arrives in Autumn and will try to sleep through winter.

Wait...he's not despawning but instead hibernating?

Yep, it appears so.

Does he hibernate in a random area or in a special place of the map?

He just falls asleep where ever he happens to be when winter hits. If you wake him up, it only takes a bit of food to make him fall asleep again. I was trying to get items that he was laying on top of, and he didn't wake up, so you can do whatever you want.

Archived