FPS Problem.

When I started a new world fps is like 50-60 but after 20-25 day later it down to 20 and i hate this how can i fix this bad problem please help me guys.Even I play single at our DST server it also going down to 20-25 :/ I shared my system here and I think its enogh to play.

post-626787-0-91783600-1427968837_thumb..post-626787-0-24187200-1427968834_thumb.

Do you happen to have mods installed with your game? If you do, try uninstalling those mods one-by-one to see if that helps.

Are you downloading or torrenting in the background while playing the game? Also, do you have any programs running in the background that could be affecting the game's performance?

Finally, could you send us your log.txt file? You can find it in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\log.txt

There's not much you can do about it. Your graphic card is somewhat outdated, ATi Radeon HD 3450 has been released in the beginning of 2008, and while Don't Starve isn't a very power-hungry game, the video card or CPU can't always handle everything that's going on in your world once it's been explored.

From my experience and after looking at your log, the mod Minimap HUD causes quite a lot of fps drops when active because it has to update stuff in real time which means more load on your system.

Besides this, you say the fps drop starts after day 20 or so. I have quite a decent laptop and even so during Winter I can feel a little lag because of the snow.

So yeah, either deactivate Minimap HUD (or all mods), or have another friend with a better computer host the server.

There's not much you can do about it. Your graphic card is somewhat outdated, ATi Radeon HD 3450 has been released in the beginning of 2008, and while Don't Starve isn't a very power-hungry game, the video card or CPU can't always handle everything that's going on in your world once it's been explored.

From my experience and after looking at your log, the mod Minimap HUD causes quite a lot of fps drops when active because it has to update stuff in real time which means more load on your system.

Besides this, you say the fps drop starts after day 20 or so. I have quite a decent laptop and even so during Winter I can feel a little lag because of the snow.

So yeah, either deactivate Minimap HUD (or all mods), or have another friend with a better computer host the server.

thank you for your help but i dont think to deactive my mods except minimap hud and won't anything solve this problem ?

for not very powerful computers I recommend disable minimap HUD, I don't know why but I put this mod in 3 different low pcs and I got the twice fps without minimap, (30-20 with minimap and 50-60 without minimap)

and if your computer is not enough strong, is normal, the elements on the world and the snow effect will consume more resources, the summer's visual effects are less demanding, the only problem is the snow I guess, its the only effect that can show you if your pc can handle don't starve, an option for disable snow would be great

thank you for your help but i dont think to deactive my mods except minimap hud and won't anything solve this problem ?

I'm not saying to necessarily deactivate all mods, only Minimap HUD and see how the game behaves. Even then you might lag once winter starts. 

• Developer

@ibrahimacar

I don't know if this will help, but you could give it a shot.

In steam you rightclick DontStarveTogether, select  'properties'. Select 'Set Launch Options', and there you enter '-threaded_render' (without the quotes). Now if you launch the game it'll use the threaded renderer.

Let me know if it makes a difference?

Kaj

Archived