Spying on my Admins.

Hello! 

I recently started taking on a few of my friends as Admins for my server (since I can't be everywhere at once) And I'd like to know if there's any way of seeing the commands they've entered while I'm away.

I'm asking because although they're my friends I know how they can be and if anyone has been spawning 20 Deerclops on a poor new player while I'm not on the server I'd like to be able to tell.

So a simple yes or no will do and if I can how would I do so? Thanks in advance.

You probably shouldnt just make your friends admins. You have no reason to trust them with authority, and whenever they do do something that crosses the line, it's going to be all the more painful to kick them out. Here's a good rule of thumb, if you don't trust them enough to where you think you may need to monitor their command usage, they shouldn't be admins in the first place.

It's not that I don't trust them exactly. I know many of them in real life and the ones I don't know irl I've talked to for a long time. But there are a few of them that I know do like to mess around every now and then.

If it's not possible I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, I'd just like to know if it is.

Rule #1 of running a server, never moderate your friends and/or family. They will ruin your stuff up 9/10 times.

That only comes into consideration when you are a kid that is like 10-15 and you give your friends/brothers that are older and just want to mess with you.

My best friend and i ran many servers together for many games, and i could always trust him with anything even my own life if it came to that.

If you have someone you trust 100% and know for over 4 years, you know how they'll react in any given situation almost (though i know my best friend for over 10 years).

He should probably not give admin to friends that like to mess around, spawning 20 deerclops could not just ruin one player, even if he tried to advertise his own server or was rude to other players, when they destroy him, they will find other players.

Archived