Stopping dedicated server gracefully

Hello,

I'm hosting a bunch of Linux dedicated servers and I'm wondering if there is a way to shutting down properly a  running server ?

Currently, I'm connecting as client with admin rights to type in console: cl_shutdown(true)

Does dedicated linux server program have an interactive shell while running ?

Perhaps we could send some signals ?

Kind regards,

Thyrfen

Thank you for quick reply.

I use screen like advised in : http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers

So I get back by screen -x but if I kill it by Ctrl+C it does not save the world in save directory...

The only way to save the world in its current state is to connect a client with admin rights and type cl_shutdown(true).

My question is: how to stop gracefully (i.e. saving current state of world) instead of stopping it brutally ?

@Kuldiin, Yes:

-- Shutdown the application, optionly close with out saving (saves by default)function c_shutdown(save)    if save ~= false and TheWorld ~= nil then        if TheWorld.ismastersim then            for i, v in ipairs(AllPlayers) do                v:OnDespawn()            end            TheSystemService:EnableStorage(true)            SaveGameIndex:SaveCurrent()        else            SerializeUserSession(ThePlayer)        end    end    Shutdown()end 

@Thyrfen, c_shutdown(). There's the option for dedicated servers to take console commands from their console (on Windows at least). Not sure how that translates to Linux, though.

That is exactly what I wanted.

Thank you so much.

And it does work very well on Linux binary.

Hello,

I'm running last version and this command does not work anymore.

Am I the only one experiencing regression ?

Best regards,

Having the same problem.

c_shutdown() does not respond in any way on Ubuntu 14.04 with steamcmd

• Developer

Having the same problem.

c_shutdown() does not respond in any way on Ubuntu 14.04 with steamcmd

Are you trying to run the command from in-game or from the console? If in-game, make sure you have admin on that server and the command is run as "remote:". If from the console, the server has to be started with the -console flag for it to accept input.

When you run it, what prints to your log?

Archived