A Wigfrid balance suggestion.

First off, I'd like to apologize if I botched the search and missed a thread or what not, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to forums.

If I do happen to be in the right place, I'd like to toss an idea for Wigfrid's interactions with other characters out there. So, she can easilly craft wonderfully strong gear out of very common components. With together, she'd be able to hand these out to other members of the group and make her companions pretty near unbeatable in most fights very early on.

Aside from the simple solution of barring her gear from other characters, I propose that the strength and brutality behind her helmet and spear comes in large part from her acting, becoming much less useful for anyone else wielding them (I've tossed around about 50% in my head, meaning the spear would do half as much damage, helmet absorb half as much damage, and both would degrade twice as fast. Don't really know how balancing works, however, so meh~).

Although Wig isn't actually in together yet, I couldn't help but throw this idea out somewhere.

nah , her gear isnt the problem. the problem is she is a vampire .  she makes taking damage trivial.    her life leech/ damage reduction is so good that i dont even use crockpot recipes , i just kill spiders and then cook/eat the monster meat on the spot , never been below half hp.

nah , her gear isnt the problem. the problem is she is a vampire .  she makes taking damage trivial.    her life leech/ damage reduction is so good that i dont even use crockpot recipes , i just kill spiders and then cook/eat the monster meat on the spot , never been below half hp.

Do you not have a constant insanity problem then from just eating monster meat all the time?

I don't expect Klei to change that, since it's present in the base game. OP has a good suggestion.

her acting comes from the 25/25 damage  boost and reduction. and her vampirsm

battle spear does 42 damage where as a regular spear does  34.  in the hands of any character other than a buffed  Wolfgang or wigfrid herself  would still need 3 hits to kill spiders.

considering it is technically more expensive than a spear i dont see it as an issue. it is only good if you have  character modifiers that get its damage above 50.

the battle helmet on the other hand is much cheaper than the football helmet (pig skins are alot rarer than gold) but it is twice as good, if anything it needs pig skins added to its recipe.

even still it is not that much better in terms of damage reduction than the football helm and is outclassed by the shelmet.  hit apparent  defense is boosted again by her 25% damage reduction.

Archived