The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

Jakob remains engulfed in darkness, the purple eyes pulling away into the distance.  He feels like he is moving at incredible speeds, as gale-force winds begin rushing through his body, making the flames sway and dance.  Finally, he stopped.  At that point, nothing was visible in the void of darkness, save for himself.

Finding he could now move, he took one cautious step forward.  The ground rang like a church bell the moment his foot touched it, and almost instantly a second version of himself appeared.  Instead of fire, though, this version was made out of obsidian; volcanic glass.  His entire body was see-through, but nothing was inside it save for a slowly beating heart with the remnants of chains wrapped around it.

"Well, don't you look nice.  Right at the turning point.  The line."  Obsidian_Battal says, a crack splitting across its face in a smilelike manner.

Holly was no longer in the abyss, and was instead in a barren flatland. The soil was black and corrupt, and the only form of life was a small sapling in the center of a mound. She looked down at it, and it was wilting over, the the base gray and dying. She felt a reassuring hand on her shoulder, and turned to a tall woman with long green hair,  green eyes, and a green robe. "Holly, this world needs you." The woman spoke in a calm voice.  

"Who are you?" Holly asked.

"You know well who I am, yet you do not," she responded. "In this world, wars have escalated to apocalyptic levels, and almost all lifeforms have been slain in man's arrogance. I have attempted to redeem it, by planting one of my world tree's, yet the taint has grown too powerful... This world's last hope... lies in you..."

"M-me?" Holly doubted.

"Yes. I am no longer capable of helping this world, but you still may. If you channel the last of your power into this sapling, then it will have enough energy to grow large enough to allow this world redemption, but at what cost... To do this, you must grant ALL your life energy, in which you will die...

Will you give your life to save a world's?" The Ultimatum was clear.

"What are you talking about, turning point?"  Jakob asks.  Before he can get a reply, however, a blast of energy hits him from behind, almost knocking him down.

"Ah, don't listen to him.  He's just a stupid, old future version of yourself."  A dapper-sounding voice says from the source of the blast.  Jakob turns around, and sees another version of himself.  This one has normal, flesh-and-blood skin, with an outfit that is mockingly similar to Battal's.  The only difference is that this new clone's clothing is far snazzier.  But the strangest difference is a pair of bloodred, feathered wings stretching out behind him. 

"You are one to speak."  The obsidian clone replies.  "Nothing more than a brainwashed slave, carrying out the demands of the Fireward." The figure turns towards Battal.    "He speaks in nothing but lies.  Listen to nothing he says."

"Awwwww, come on."  The snazzy clone says, spreading his arms.  "I'm you.  Surely you can trust yourself...right?" 

More shadow hands had gripped on to Shana, pulling her down and whispering malevolent things into her ears.

"Look at how weak you are. Anyone else could easily overpower us."

"All the time your parents spend on you, trying to make you perfect, and you can't even preform simple tasks to a satisfactory level. You don't deserve to be their daughter."

"How do you expect to be of any use if you can't even escape your own mind?"

"You deserve to stay asleep if you're giving up already, but really, no one is going to miss you. No one is going to remember the shy little girl who never said anything, and if they do, they'll get over it when someone better comes along. Which is anyone really."

With each insult the voices threw at her the shackles around her wrists thrust a thin spike somewhere into her arm, cutting her skin and sending spirals of crimson into the water that surrounded her.

"Listen, Jakob."  The obsidian doppelganger says to a very confused Battal.  "This is what the Fireward will do to you if you continue to follow them.  They'll turn you into a murderer.  A psychopath.  You will walk across the crushed skulls of a thousand bodies with a smile on your face, their blood on your hands."

"Oh, wow, my apologies."  The snazzy clone says, burying his face in his hands.  "That's so horrible, I never realized..."

He breaks out laughing, and looks up at Jakob.  "What would you rather, then?  To become like that pathetic creature?  To let your inner fire wither and die?"  He asks, gesturing at the obsidian figure.

"Stay on your path, Jakob.  Crush the skulls of the unworthy all you want.  Claim your place as leader of the Fireward, and gain the power of a god!"   

(So if you still haven't gotten it, the two clones are the results of two paths Jakob could take.  The obsidian figure is him if he decides to leave the Fireward (The order he is part of) and his power behind, which results in him becoming a rather pointless husk but saves him from corruption.  The other version is him if he continues being brainwashed and controlled - he becomes leader of the Fireward, and becomes absurdly powerful, but it also drives him completely insane.)

(Oh, wait, but Battal appears uncorrupted and still powerful in Shadowfall, so that makes this whole thing entirely pointless.  *ding*)

Holly simply sat down next to the sapling in the fetal position, hearing faint groans.

"W-What's that sound?" Holly asked.

"It is the premature death rattle of countless souls, who's lives have been ended before they possibly could have began." The woman explained. "You will have to coexist with them for the rest of your days, should you refuse..." 

Holly looked at her own withered, dying palms. Did she really want to curse countless souls to her fate, let alone one?

(It's the first one. Both of us are bogged with finals. Source: We go to school together.)

(Unacceptable.  I demand you throw away your futures and dreams for the sake of my entertainment.)

( I guess I could do something, I don't even remember what's going on, it's just been forever. )

(Well, we're all stuck in a nightmare realm and the only way to escape is for our characters to solve some sort of mental problem they have through nightmare sequence dealies. So you have to come up with a nightmarish situation revolving around a problem your character is having and then Crow is supposed to control the situation from there while you make your character act until they've overcome a problem. Also, in the nightmare realm your character is now an embodiment of their traumas and sins, so you have to describe your character accordingly.

I, however, would not expect Crow to come on and make a post any time soon. When I asked him why he wasn't posting he said "idk", so I guess he's just kinda lost interest for a while.)

(Well you said,

(So basically the only way to wake up is to confront a problem your character is having mentally and somehow figure out how to resolve this problem in the physical, nightmare realm. It'll practically be a mini rp between me and your character. You create the scenario--the scenario being the mental problem your character is having--and I'll narrate what happens as you make certain decisions.)

And then you started doing that with Will, so we started posting about our scenarios and you stopped coming on.

I've been meaning to ask, can I do a different nightmare thingy from the one I started? I just kinda started without really figuring out where it was going and I've come up with a better one since then.)

(Okay guys, I'm back from my break. Only to have to go again for 2 weeks in three days. So, now isn't the best time for me to do my whole scene thing. Despite this, I'll do it anyway. Don't tell me what to do.)

"Wait... What?" Wunan frowned as he noticed that, in fact, arms and legs had not stopped sprouting from his joints. It looked rather ridiculous, and his limbs became so crowded that he couldn't quite stop himself from toppling over. His imbalanced state seemed rather laughable. Wunan, being sure to keep a grip on his staff, grimaced as he attempted to move himself into some sort of position where he could defend himself, but it was useless. Not only was the sea of broken limbs obstructing his original arms and legs, but the sheer heaviness of it all weighed him down to such an extent that he was pinned to the ground. As Wunan muttered some profanity at his situation, a shade appeared before him. It was featureless, its entire body blank and dark. That is, except for its eyes, which glowed a deep crimson with hatred and a desperate yearning for vengeance. It planted its foot onto one of the hands of Wunan's new arms, and Wunan yelped as a searing pain flew through tendons he didn't think even belonged there.

(Okay, it's goofy. Sue me.

And I had Mr. Vengeance Shade do that so you have an idea what it's going to try to do, Crow. Although, it does seem you've got your work cut out for you. If you're busy, I'll write the scene out myself.)