The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

(Curse your blasted logic.)

Jakob looks mostly like normal, save for the fact that his entire body is made out of fire.  Each of his arms has three long, physical feathers hanging off it like bizarre jewelry.

"Well, isn't this fancy."  He mutters.  "Now, if I may ask again...who are you?"

Jakob starts pinching himself.

Jakob thinks for a moment.  "Well, considering that this is a nightmare...wake up?  But then, I'm guessing we're consciously trapped here, so it won't be that simple."

Edited by Quiet

Ethel instinctively goes for his book, and is relieved to find it there. Ethel opens it up, and a flash of light only he could see is emitted. Ethel finds himself suddenly able to see, but only in a radius small enough to see himself. He was a completely gray form of himself, with no visible features. He had no visible mouth, but he could somehow talk. Ethel had no visible eyes, but he could somehow see. He had no visible nostrils, but he could breathe. He had no visible ear holes, but he could hear.

"What on earth... I look like a gray silhouette. How does this represent my sins or whatever?"

Just as Ethel finished his sentence, his form began to change. The colour of his silhouette darkened considerably, almost matching that of the dark world. Ethel doubled down in pain as his form grew more menacing, with pointless spikes growing all over his body. His chin narrowed, and his ears pointed. Large, dead-white eyes appeared on his head.

"Wha-what's going... it hurts..."

Countless extra arms could be seen hanging every which way on Wunan's shoulders, all of them (except for his two normal ones) seemed to be broken, as they were bent or smashed in unnatural forms. The same applied for legs. "Well, unless there's something I can whack..." Wunan's grip tightened on his staff. "... Then I'm pretty much out of ideas. Can I whack you, Mr.... Eh... Oney-Rony?"

"Life is boring you see, I like to have a little fun watching people squirm in their sleep. The only way you're allowed to leave my dimension and wake up is to complete a challenge." The area around the phantom illuminated like a spot-light, revealing a terribly disfigured abomination (I may draw it later). "In every one of your little minds there is a problem to be solved. Release yourself from these sins somehow and you may be allowed to awaken. Do you understand?"

(So basically the only way to wake up is to confront a problem your character is having mentally and somehow figure out how to resolve this problem in the physical, nightmare realm. It'll practically be a mini rp between me and your character. You create the scenario--the scenario being the mental problem your character is having--and I'll narrate what happens as you make certain decisions.)

(Ooooo, decisions decisions...
Question, do I have to solve all of Shana's mental issues, or pick just one of them?)

Once the demon revealed the only way out to the group, any symbolism of hope Shana had completely dissipated. She had been trying her whole life to solve her problems, to make herself better, just like what they wanted, but no matter how hard she tried she was never good enough.
She wasn't good enough.
"Yes... I understand." she replied in a tone quiet and devoid of hope.

Edited by MenaAthena

Ethel ponders over what the dark being stated.

Confront my sins... what have I done wrong so far? I don't think I've done anything wrong yet...

There's nothing to worry about. Why? 'Cause I'm gonna kill you!

"HOLY F**K!"

Ethel finds himself suddenly in a small circle of light, jumping backwards as a sword swings in front of him. The owner steps into the light... for it to be Ethel.

"W-what- Who are you?! Why do you look like me!?"

"Let's dance!"

Ethel quickly draws his tome, and tries to grab his spear only for it to not be there.

"S**t, I'll have to improvise. These completely useless spikes look sharp."

Ethel shouts an incantation, sending a cloud of darkness toward his imposter. The doppelganger draws his own tome, and counters the dark magic with pure light.

"Tsk-tsk, no magic! That's cheating!"

The doppelganger charges forward, sword swinging wildly. Ethel quickly puts the tome away in between sidesteps.

"Crap, I guess its time for the spikes to work!"

Ethel slashes at the doppelganger with his spikes, emptying his blood onto the ground. As Ethel did so, he began to feel weaker, but he ignored it.

(Only one problem, doesn't have to be a big one, just something that has been bothering your character lately. And Quiet, it's just a mini scene you have to play out that relates to a mental issue Jakob is having. And Ethel, your jumping ahead a little)

"If we all understand, then have fun!" The cold grasp holding everyone in position let go and everyone started falling into darkness. (Create scenario, Ethel has done this already)

The wounds on Ethel's assailant blackened, "You... You've corrupted me..." It began laughing, "You fool!"
The doppelganger slashed with a new-found strength, it's eyes glowing blood red.

Edited by CloakofCrow

Shana fell, and fell, and fell, until the darkness slowly formed into an afternoon sky, revealing the form she now took. She was of considerably smaller size now, and most of her form was hidden in a black cloak, the only parts exposed at the moment being her arms and hands. They were spotted with burn scars and very thin, with barely any mussel, but the oddest feature was a pair of long shackles around her wrists that were seemingly made out of words, constantly swirling and changing.
Eventually she landed back first in a body of water, sinking a ways before trying to swim to the surface. It was at this point something odd was noticeable about her cloak; it twisted and wrapped around her to conceal as much of her as it could at any given moment. It wasn't more than a second after she got a breath of air that something grabbed her leg and started dragging her back down. She struggled against it, swimming and kicking and thrashing, but it kept pulling her deeper.
"What's the matter girl? Not strong enough?" a voice taunted. "Really, why are you even trying? You know you're pathetic and useless. It would be better for everyone if you just stayed asleep..."

The voice seemed to have hit it's mark, as Shana slowly stopped struggling.

Edited by MenaAthena

(The problem is...Jakob doesn't really have many mental instabilities.  Partially because they've been beaten out of him, and partially because he's somewhat brainwashed.)

(But... isn't being brainwashed a problem of the mental nature? Also, if he's literally been beaten since early childhood, that would lead to some sort of mental trauma, even if he's been able to hide/ignore it. He seems to have trouble trusting people, so unless that's just part of his nature you could do something with that.

Just throwing out ideas.)

Edited by MenaAthena

(Well, it's not that he doesn't trust them.  I can't say much without spoiling it, but he's been trained to view humans as little more than cattle.  I'll get more into that later.)

(Plus, he has no idea that he's brainwashed, so that wouldn't bother him.)

(Until the nightmare realm starts revealing the fact he was brainwashed to him. Or he begins having problems with the things he didn't realize were bad. The nightmare realm pretty much converts the mental things into physical things. Jakob has plenty of things to work with if you ask me.)

Ethel dodges backwards, and charges forward. Just before he can strike, he is wracked with pain once again. His form rapidly changes, as his silhouette becomes pure white, and he takes on a smoother version of his gray silhouette. He is now weaponless. However, as the pain ended, Ethel felt a surge of strength gravitating toward his hands.

"This new power... I will use it well!"

Ethel leaps upwards, and sends a wave of pure light energy at the doppelganger.

"Behold my power!"

"It did... nothing!"

Black pours out of Ethel's wound, but Ethel grabs the hilt of his doppelganger's sword.

"If you think I'm going to just let you kill me here, you're wrong."

Ethel kicks the doppelganger away, and removes the sword from his chest.

"The time is now!"

Ethel's dark and neutral silhouettes appear at his side, all wielding their weapon.

"It's time to end this!"

• Like 1