I am kinda dissapointed to be honest.

Nah early access has no advantages, I miss the times when a game was deliverd completely and of course got updated with new content after, delivering 10% game with its  " idea" is boring and most of the time dont work well.
 yes, it has. You access content earlier.
That's the point of buying it. Of course you have to have a certain level of trust on the developers(which is pretty much granted on Klei games) and you have to wait for the content, Early Access is not for the common public. It's for really interested people who either are already familiar with the direction the game is going and want to help out with feedback(and early money) or people who just can't wait to play it. If you want a complete game experience, you're in the wrong place. You finding it boring doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile. Only means you find it boring.

Granted, sometimes it doesn't work well. Many times within the survival genre, even. But Don't Starve proved that it can work well.

(and no, in no way is it 10%. At the very least it's a number progressing over time from 10%, which keeps rising untill it reaches 100% and it's released, which is when people like you should buy it.)

You don't understand what it's like playing with pubs.  They don't build structures, chop trees, gather bushes/twigs/berries, harvest food, make clothes, shave beefalo, kill hounds, or pretty much anything. The two things most of them can manage is ransacking the chests for warm clothing and taking food from the crockpots.  Not cooking, mind you. Heaven forbid they learn that much.

In short, it's wonderful! It makes me so happy. Finally, I have a challenge.  Don't Starve was getting pretty easy, but now I can bring in 5 autistic knife-wielding idiots to liven things up!  The best part is, I'm never sure how they'll screw up next.  I know they'll die to darkness, spiders, tentacles, and darkness, but dear lord...they die to Starvation! Starvation!  Have you ever died to starvation? I know I haven't. Seriously, I checked the morgue.  Just because it's the name of the game doesn't make it a serious threat to competent players.  

So, sure, maybe it's a bit disappointing that it's just Don't Starve with multi-player, but love it for what it is:  A level of challenge you could never think up on your own.  

It'll only get better as they implement more features.

PS: Big props to the few wonderful, talented players who have joined my games and made useful contributions.  You weren't the majority.  You know that.  You rock.

You don't understand what it's like playing with pubs.  They don't build structures, chop trees, gather bushes/twigs/berries, harvest food, make clothes, shave beefalo, kill hounds, or pretty much anything. The two things most of them can manage is ransacking the chests for warm clothing and taking food from the crockpots.  Not cooking, mind you. Heaven forbid they learn that much.

My favorite was a nearly 2 day trek from base to portal for 2 newbies (Willow and Wickerbottom, oh joy). As soon as we come back to my settlement, after they raid my crockpots and chests the Wickerbottom decides to read my "On Tentacles" Book that I had lying around in the middle of my drying racks. They both died and quit.

While frustrating to have to clean up such a mess, that was extremelyyyyyy satisfying karma.

Could you not demonize autism?

I never understood  why people get sensitive about  autism or other forms of mental retardation. they are words that describe a state of mind.  like stupid , moronic and mind numbing.    You dont hear people  making ironic quips or  emotional plees about those words though ... despite meaning nearly the same thing.

hell people we call autsistic now were called stupid  a century ago.

people with adhd were called stupid no more than 40 years ago

but i digres

I never understood  why people get sensitive about  autism or other forms of mental retardation. they are words that describe a state of mind.  like stupid , moronic and mind numbing.    You dont hear people  making ironic quips or  emotional plees about those words though ... despite meaning nearly the same thing.

hell people we call autsistic now were called stupid  a century ago.

people with adhd were called stupid no more than 40 years ago

but i digres

No, they aren't and no, they weren't. Not just like that. You literally know nothing about autism that you say that, just like the other user is proven to not know nothing about autism for a remark like that. Also, there's a reason I don't use those other terms myself (adhd to talk about the condition only) but it'd be impossible to go after each person that thinks it's okay to use those words. So I limit it to the condition I have myself and the one I every so often hear people say they'd rather see their own children dead than have too.

For the record, if autism weren't a part of me, chances are DS would not appeal to me. And I guarantee you I don't screw up. Just as I guarantee you that of all those new users running around in DST not playing "correctly" aren't more often autistic than the rest of the players.

No, they aren't and no, they weren't. Not just like that. You literally know nothing about autism that you say that, just like the other user is proven to not know nothing about autism for a remark like that. Also, there's a reason I don't use those other terms myself (adhd to talk about the condition only) but it'd be impossible to go after each person that thinks it's okay to use those words. So I limit it to the condition I have myself and the one I every so often hear people say they'd rather see their own children dead than have too.

For the record, if autism weren't a part of me, chances are DS would not appeal to me. And I guarantee you I don't screw up. Just as I guarantee you that of all those new users running around in DST not playing "correctly" aren't more often autistic than the rest of the players.

I'm sensitive about extra random spaces everywhere. Ack it hurts! :)

Archived