Beefalo telelocator herd question

I have my base about a 40 second walk away (on a road with a walking cane) from a savannah with beefalo in it, however I want to set up my own pen.  I transplanted a savannah patch however I don't feel like trying to use the horn to slowly move them, and forcing them into an enclosure. Also using a telelocator to move them seems neat and I have plenty of gems from hounds.

So if I use a telelocator staff on them with a focus in the middle of the pen, will that move their herd location or will i need to walk in and use a horn. Does it matter if I move child, teen or adult beefalo?

I searched and have seen a few posts on herd mechanics but I haven't seen this answered.  I'm in RoG if it matters, but i didn't think it would change anything.

So if I use a telelocator staff on them with a focus in the middle of the pen, will that move their herd location or will i need to walk in and use a horn. Does it matter if I move child, teen or adult beefalo?

The Telelocator Staff only works on one target at a time... given that you're in RoG, you can use your method (preferably with a lightning rod nearby) and teleport 1 beefalo... in time, it will "propagate" and you will have a herd in about a season or 2...

Getting a bunch of beefalo in a pen can be a bit of a challenge... my tip:

1. teleport 1 to an enclosure
  2. wait until it has "propagated"
  3. kill the adult beefalo (no reinforcements from the kids)
  4. get meat and wool (and horn)
  5. wait until child beefalo grows to adulthood...
  6. repeat steps 2-5...

that's what I did in RoG... doing this, you won't have to fight a whole herd.

Hope this helps.

Archived