Dedicated Servers Closed Testing

I have been looking forward to dedicated server since I got DST. Because I am from China, Klei's servers have very high ping for me and my friends. And we want to host a dedicated server so that we can join and play at any time.

I also would like to help test the dedicated server. I operate several minecraft servers in China and have hundreds of players. And we would like to host DST server for players nearby.

Hi Everybody,

I've been roaming around the forums for quite a while now but didn't have any reason to post yet.

I can offer another linux server based in Germany and quite some experience in hosting various game servers. I actually didn't have a chance yet to play DST since I already own DS and wait for the release to get my copy. But there are some of our community member you own it and would love to play on our own server.

It would be nice if you could consider adding me and I'll do what I can to help you getting things to run smooth.

I would like to test and make dedicated servers in the Netherlands.

1 for friends and 1 for global use for everyone.

If there are need for more testers then i am here to help.

Linux or Windows should not be a problem in setting it up.

I'd like to test the files if possible, it would be helpful for testing the more complicated mods I am working on and I could use it to learn more about the client/server relationships without having a friend help me by hosting a game

• Developer

Hello Everyone,

I'm responding to feedback as quickly as possible.  After our next hotfix I will send out more keys, do one more pass, and then set the software live!

Thanks for hanging in there, and for showing your interest and support :-)

Hello Everyone,

I'm responding to feedback as quickly as possible.  After our next hotfix I will send out more keys, do one more pass, and then set the software live!

Seeing how many people want dedicated servers, I hope to set one up in the future. But I don't have a machine to run a dedicated server right now.

I don't mind testing, I've got whatever you can imagine to run it on, with 10GBs going out of the datacenter and can even get a super computer setup with some K40s so hardware isn't an issue. I also am trying to mod and create a sort of bukkit style mod so that I can make plugins for a gaming community I develop for and I also just want to get some plugins for ranks and worlds done so that I can release an awesome server :D (otherwise the person I am doing this for will be cranky)

Hello Everyone,

Hey Mark,

Been playing the game for a while now, and though I assume the server files are going to be able to be pulled down using the steamCMD tool, I guess I can't figure out which AppID to use, since I even logged into my Steam account where I own a copy of DST, but I was told 'wrong platform' for installing using the regular DST AppID...  Have I just glazed over some instructions on how owners can run the dedicated server on a *nix box, or is that still something you guys control directly through different keys?

Cheers,

Gavin

Thanks @MarkL and the rest of the team for all the hard work on getting the Dedicated server files ready for public release.

I to can run a dedicated server (windows based) and have years of experience running dedicated servers on windows and linux for various games over the past 10 years or more.
I am based In Ireland and do currently use lots of mods, testing out which ones are compatible with each other and stability on my own hosted Don't Starve Together games.
I look forward to the public release or possibly getting a key to test before public release.

Thanks

Archived