API for Don't Starve?

I am trying to make a character that can "dig" aka teleport with a dig animation to another place/item on the map. This shouldn't be that hard and I even saw a component called teleporter. The problem for me is that I can't find the freaking api for don't starve. Like for instance you see in someones code  listenforactivity.dig or something. How did they know the function listenforactivity.dig exsisted? I can't find the api and ive looked forl ike an hour lol. Please help a noob modder out Thanks!

tl;dr can't make teleporting item b/c can't find api for dont starve plz help

I'm going through the process of starting to learn Don't Starve modding as well, coming from a programming background I was a little baffled that a game which clearly had modding in mind on some level has no documentated API, even the official guides are quite barebones and lackluster.

Usually when I start modding something I look for a reference guide or the API itself, but for Don't Starve I literally have to look at the official game scripts and other mods and put together the pieces myself slowly and painfully, quite a hassle.

Oh well, I guess that's just how it is for modding this game at the moment

• Developer

@nossr50, we have plans in the future to release more documentation regarding modding in Don't Starve Together, but at this point the game is still in flux, so any documentation we put together would be obsolete as soon as it was completed.

That said, some of the community members have already started on their own initiative to put together a list of some of the known API.

Yeah I suppose that is to be expected, this is a stellar game and I have fallen in love with the idea of modding it so I will endure the pain for now. Excellent work on this game, but I'm sure you guys probably hear that all the time.

I'm playing this game more than modding it at the moment, the multiplayer is too much fun

Yah I also have a cs degree so it was a little disheartening that I couldn't just figure everything out pretty quick haha. So any ideas on how to teleport a character. I've looked at the wormholes and teleport components but I can't quite decipher how its working.

• Developer

@nossr50, @shuabala, and @SenL, the best place to get started on modding right now would be to read through rezecib's guides. They are incredibly well put together and contain a plethora of information.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/47353-guide-getting-started-with-modding-dst-and-some-general-tips-for-ds-as-well/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/43773-dont-starve-together-mods-faq/

Good luck modding! I look forward to seeing what new experiences you make!