Don't Starve Together - does it sound similar to "Corpse Party"?

OK!

Here's the reference:

http://corpseparty.wikia.com/wiki/Corpse_Party

So, basically, the protagonists perform a "friendship ritual" that will enable them to become "friends for eternity"... but then things go horribly wrong... they are trapped in an old school that was supposed to have been demolished a long time ago... what's worse, they seem to be trapped in different dimensions!

They may die in a dimension they were in only to be resurrected in another... or still be alive in another... their souls never leaving this place...

It is controlled by the vengeful soul of a little girl that was murdered in the said school, along with 3 other children who's souls serve to sustain the different dimensions in the school... whose name is "Heavenly Host Elementary School"...

Only by returning the mutilated body parts to the designated spirits (something like the "Things" for the Teleportato) and combining the paper doll they used for the ritual can they "escape".

So, my question...

T_T

I wanted to add something more but... I legit forgot about what that is... so... make your own conjectures? :-)

(I typed this far and would seem a waste to just erase it...)

I would say both corpse party 1/BD/2 and dont starve are all inspired by call of cthulhu, where sanity plays an important role in the survival of the players. But corpse party is different from dont starve, for the ever cycling of death and boss(host) is ultimately broken by the protagonist in the end.? Moreover, most of the motifs in Corpse party runs on friendship betrayal and relationship between power and responsibilities.

Ultimately, they are similar in the fact that curiosity and wistful thinking often back-stabs the characters into the reality they live in.

I would say both corpse party 1/BD/2 and dont starve are all inspired by call of cthulhu, where sanity plays an important role in the survival of the players. But corpse party is different from dont starve, for the ever cycling of death and boss(host) is ultimately broken by the protagonist in the end.? Moreover, most of the motifs in Corpse party runs on friendship betrayal and relationship between power and responsibilities. Ultimately, they are similar in the fact that curiosity and wistful thinking often back-stabs the characters into the reality they live in.

That comment made me weep with joy

:wilson_cry:

I don't know who you are, but will try to find you and I will try to ask you out...

Archived