anim file help

I'm sorry if my noobness to modding makes you facepalm, but I have spent far too much time trying to figure out what is probably an obvious problem. Following many other tutorials and how-tos on modding, I noticed in the mod folder an anim folder. In it, I found a zip containing two .bins and a .tex file. However, following a certain tutorial, all it has explained to do is place a .scml from Spriter in an "exported" folder, and all is well. It doesn't even explain the anim file that it has, too.

Does DST automatically convert .scmls in the "exported" folder to .zips and move them to anim?

Do I need another mod developer tool to convert it myself?

Am I missing something else that's blatantly obvious?

Thanks for any help!

Does DST automatically convert .scmls in the "exported" folder to .zips and move them to anim?
 Yes, but currently the autocompiler that does this only checks the single-player Don't Starve mods directory. So move it over there, start up DS, exit out, and you should have your scml compiled into an anim.zip in the anim folder (also another zip next to the scml, ignore that one).

@Ryguy9999, You'd have to buy it. Peter recently became aware that this was an issue, though, so hopefully it'll get fixed quickly. Meanwhile.... you can try creating the folder structure for DS yourself. For me, the path to the DS mods folder is this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods

@Ryguy9999, You'd have to buy it. Peter recently became aware that this was an issue, though, so hopefully it'll get fixed quickly. Meanwhile.... you can try creating the folder structure for DS yourself. For me, the path to the DS mods folder is this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods

I'm not sure if that would work, as for me, it only works for the images file in  ds mods, it doesn't actually check the anim folder.

You mean put the .scml and .png into the exported folder?
 In your mod, make a folder called "exported" so that it's next to "anim" and "scripts". Put all your spriter stuff in there, scml, png, etc.

This post gives all the detail on the autocompilation process you should need.

In your mod, make a folder called "exported" so that it's next to "anim" and "scripts". Put all your spriter stuff in there, scml, png, etc.

This post gives all the detail on the autocompilation process you should need.

That's the post I looked at first, but it never mentioned anything about an exported file, Thanks.

I have the same problem but still cannot fix it. When I make a .zip file in the anim file, it works, but my mod does not add anything. And when I dont make the .zip file and try to let it compile, it crashes. What do I do?

ok 1., the autcompiler makes it, so you dont need to make one, and 2. try using the CMD and autocompile it from there. you might be missing a image or something, but idk since of the new update making it not crash when it fails to autocompile something.