Any option to change back to the old UI?

At a glance, the new main menu UI seems much nicer.

The only quibble I'd put forward is that the contrast on the loading screen (with the new detailed background) is a little messy now. Everything else is very nice however :)

I just entered and saw the new UI... Loved it. Although I loved the old classy style, this is pretty awesome too, and the characters in the corner change! That's great. (I'm just seeing it all while I'm writing this comment xD)

One question, what is the "recent encounters (WIP)" in the History?

Actually, @Fnly, you're right. The old UI was nice but so is the new one. What we need is a community mod to make us able to customize the UI so it can look like the old DS, original DST or RoG styles. But that doesn't mean I hate the new UI, it makes DST feel 8th gen. (Yes, we're in the 8th generation of gaming).

• Developer

One question, what is the "recent encounters (WIP)" in the History?

We're going to be adding a list of players you've recently encountered in your games--sort of a missed connections list. The "(WIP)" [work in progress] is there because we don't have the tech in place yet, but I wanted to clue folks in that it was happening.

There won't be any option to switch to the old UI. While it may be possible, a mod that goes back to the old UI would be very difficult and inadvisable for a number of reasons. While I realize that new UIs can be jarring, just stick with it, you'll get used to it. DST is a new experience and we wanted the UI to reflect that. Plus, the old UI was... a bit lacking.

I don't like the color palette at all. I keep hearing that we should just get used to it but... why? :( If the theme is meant to reflect a dark and grim feeling, I don't think it manages to do that. For me, the background looks like an unfinished sketch of an artwork. At least if it had less contrast it would look somewhat better in my humble opinion. The new functions and features of the server menu are a life-changer in the best way possible, I agree with that, but I'd rather have kept the old menu style.

-edit- And please don't bash, this is just my personal opinion on the matter, opinion which I believe I've expressed in a polite manner. I'm the type of person which usually just goes with the flow, but this time I had to give some feedback on this topic because I really love DST and Klei.

Archived