DST Frotier Pack - No extra copy?

Hello!

I was interested in picking up the DST Frontier Pack to play with my children, and Steam is telling me that because I already own the game, I will not be given a free copy of the game.

Isn't that kind of the point of the two multiplayer codes?...

Any info would be appreciated. I figured i'd start with you guys, see if you knew anything about it, then move on to Steam Support if you guys don't know.

Same for me. Me and both my kids have DS + ROG. I have DST. I was going to buy a frontier pack for codes for them. Steam is not letting me purchase Frontier.

I guess I could transfer money to their steam wallet and purchase it.

I bought the Frontier Pack for £3.75 but at the time when I bought it, it only states it had DST. When I look at it now, it includes both DS and DST. Do I not get an extra copy of DS now?

I just updated my FAQ

Link to Don't Starve Together on Steam http://store.steampo...com/app/322330/

Link to Don't Starve on steam http://store.steampo...com/app/219740/

With this link: http://forums.kleien...tarve-together/

You need to make sure which game you want to buy, so I added both steam links.

So, you might have purchased the DST steam link I assume and that's why it says that. I am guessing.

EDIT! : @Absolute, I'm sorry!!! I think I misunderstood you. The frontier pack should only include 2 DST beta keys. There is a megapack as well that includes more things.  Hopefully someone else will clarify this better.

But in no way does the FAQ state that you will not get another Single Player copy. It specifically says:

The Frontier Pack includes:
  • A copy of Don’t Starve
  • Two copies of Don’t Starve Together (with Beta access)

And their clause on owners of the game states:

For owners of Don’t Starve on Steam, since they would be getting DST when it launches, it will only be $4.99.

In no way does it say: "Owners of the game are ineligable for the SP copy of the game."

But in no way does the FAQ state that you will not get another Single Player copy. It specifically says:

• A copy of Don’t Starve

For owners of Don’t Starve on Steam, since they would be getting DST when it launches, it will only be $4.99.

In no way does it say: "Owners of the game are ineligable for the SP copy of the game."

But it's on Steam's FAQ.

• A copy of Don’t Starve

I could be mistaken someone correct me if I am wrong.

But the idea is. The frontier pack INCLUDES Don't Starve if you do not own the game, which makes the pack $19.99.  If you already own Don't Starve the pack is on sale for $5.00 dollars.

I think this is why people are confused.

@DigiRapscallion

I already own Don’t Starve on Steam. How does the Frontier pack work for me?

Since you already own Don’t Starve on Steam, the Frontier pack will be discounted 75% to $4.99 and includes immediate access to Don't Starve Together, as well as another copy to give to your friend as a tradeable item in your Steam Inventory.

I do not own Don’t Starve on Steam. How does the Frontier pack work for me?

If you do not own Don’t Starve on Steam, the Frontier pack is $19.99 and includes 1 copy of Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together for yourself and a copy of Don’t Starve Together for a friend. The friend copy of Don’t Starve Together comes as a tradeable item in your Steam Inventory. If you purchased the game on gog.com, contact support and we will help you out.

Granted, it could've been written a lot more clearly, but the information was there.

@Absolute, See the quote above. 

Just wanted to mention the original poster's issue still remains.

I already own DS + ROG and DST. I cannot purchase the frontier pack as a gift. Steam literally will not let you purchase it as a gift.  

EDIT: Bug Tracker Submitted.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/46471-general-i-cannot-purchase-frontier-pack-as-a-gift-on-steam/

It's because you own Don't Starve Together already.

If you tested DST, you already own it. No need to buy it again. Thanks for the help testing!

Link: https://twitter.com/klei/status/544569831031177216

Sorry if this is already answered but just to clarify.

If I already own a copy of DS and want to gift the game to a friend the only option I have is to buy the base game (as a gift for him) and then buy the Frontier Pack for myself and send him the extra beta key I get.

There is no option for a single purchase that does that, am I right?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is already answered but just to clarify.

If I already own a copy of DS and want to gift the game to a friend the only option I have is to buy the base game (as a gift for him) and then buy the Frontier Pack for myself and send him the extra beta key I get.

There is no option for a single purchase that does that, am I right?

Thanks in advance.

Which game are you trying to gift to a friend?

If you and your friend do not have keys to the beta DST, but you own Don't Starve then you can purchase the frontier pack, for $5, which will give you 2 DST beta keys, and then you can gift your friend the extra code for DST.

This would mean your friend would not have Don't Starve, but would have a DST beta key, from you.

If your friend who I'll assume does not have Don't Starve? He would have to spend the whole $19.99 to buy the base game and also receive 2 keys for DST beta. He could then gift you his extra DST key, if you do not have DST.

This way you both would have DS and DST.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want. :)

If your friend who I'll assume does not have Don't Starve? He would have to spend the whole $19.99 to buy the base game and also receive 2 keys for DST beta. He could then gift you his extra DST key, if you do not have DST.

This way you both would have DS and DST.

Yes, that's the case, I do own Don't starve already. I wanted the gift to be 'surprise' so having him buy it is not an option.

I wanted to buy the whole 19.99$ pack 'for him' as a Steam gift so he could have the base game and we'll both receive the 'together' beta key but Steam won't let me cause I already own the game and can only buy the frontier pack without the base game in it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, my english is quite bad.

@Escoh, could you use one of their Steam accounts to purchase the pack for them, rather than your own?

I ended up buying a gift card and loading up some money in their steam wallet. Never ever put your credit card info into a kids PC/Tablet or anything else. Learned the hard way a while back. :)

All is good!

Yes, that's the case, I do own Don't starve already. I wanted the gift to be 'surprise' so having him buy it is not an option.

I wanted to buy the whole 19.99$ pack 'for him' as a Steam gift so he could have the base game and we'll both receive the 'together' beta key but Steam won't let me cause I already own the game and can only buy the frontier pack without the base game in it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, my english is quite bad.

No problem! I confuse just as easily :)

Can you purchase the game $14.99 price for only Don't Starve "as a gift"? And then buy the $5.00 Frontier pack (which will give you the 2 DST keys) ? That might work for you.

Archived