Question about the 15th for Early Access

So I wasn't sure where to post this and I scoured the forums for a little bit. Anyhow I have the GoG version of Don't Starve and the Expansion and my Girlfriend has the Steam version. So if she buys the new pack on the 15th will she get a free copy of Don't Starve Steam edition for $5 and the 2 keys for Don't Starve Together? So I can now have a key for steam for myself and still be able to play BETA with her?

If not has there been any information on what I can do to get the pack for GoG or a key for steam so I don't need to buy the original and expansion(RoG) twice? And still be able to play with her. Because I don't feel I should have to buy the games again.

Thank you any help with this will be awesome,

Aramose

@Aramose, Yes, you could even not have Don't Starve at all and still be able to play with her using the extra key. DST shows up as a separate game on Steam, so it's possible to have DST and not have DS.

Edit: I believe you should have a way to access DST for free on release (if you don't go the Frontier Pack route), but I'm not sure how one does that with the GoG version, so someone else will have to clarify.

Hey there. 

Good question. 

Even though you don't have DS on Steam, DST is a standalone game. So, if your girlfriend gives you the extra copy she gets with the Frontier Pack, you're good to go. 

You won't be able to play original DS or RoG through steam still, but for DST you're all set. 

If she buys the Frontier pack she will obtain 2 DST beta keys. Because you say she has Don't Starve already it will only cost her $5 dollars. I'd recommend her doing that. Because I'm not sure if GoG users can obtain the pack because its a steam thing. So, I'm not sure how that would work. But if she has it she can get 2 beta keys for you both no problem :)

GoG.com is a DRM free site for Digital Games, it is very good for older stuff. Anyways I bought it because it was on sale and I remember reading about the Multiplayer and that it won't make a difference which version 2 people have they will be able to play together that's what made me buy the original and the expansion there.

Thank you again everyone and Happy Holidays

Aramose

GoG.com is a DRM free site for Digital Games, it is very good for older stuff. Anyways I bought it because it was on sale and I remember reading about the Multiplayer and that it won't make a difference which version 2 people have they will be able to play together that's what made me buy the original and the expansion there.

Thank you again everyone and Happy Holidays

Aramose

What I remember is that they prefer it to be that way if possible.

Archived