Server Admin / blacklist

If I'm blind and missing this ability completely, someone please clue me in :smile:

My suggestion is giving hosts the ability to add players to the blacklist based on Steam user ID (64) alone. I've been looking at the blocklist file and it seems there are additional unique IDs being called upon aside from just that.  Not sure how IDs will be configured for Standalone, so that part is TBD.

Anyway, reasoning is, if any of us have played MMOs and know there are certain players we never-ever want joining our games... let us be proactive and ensure they can't.

@imsomony, I might be wrong, but I thought that's how banning works right now. You ban someone, they stay banned, and you can remove them from the ban list in the server administration screen.

Or do you mean bans that are not managed on a per-server basis? That is, a way to ban someone so that they can't join any of your servers. That would be nice, actually. 

@rezecib, bans are extending globally already, yes. As a test example, I banned my partner from a newly-created world, then checked the blocklist. It shows which specific server I banned him in (name and description), as well as various IDs. The first is the KU_ ID that (I think?) is specific to DST, the second is his Steam64 ID, and the last one I can't figure out at all. It's not the server ID, the Steam3 ID (aka the number from the steamapps folder) or the Steam32 ID. 

Anyway, continuing on.... when I went to create a new server, the ban did extend to the new server admin screen - it didn't stay specific to the one server world I banned him from. So it does appear to work globally at the moment, but the player seemingly needs to enter your game first so you get all the appropriate ID(s) to ban them with.

What I'm hoping for here is a way to ban the person ahead of time, based on a common ID like Steam64, rather than waiting for them to enter your server before implementing the ban.

No, not exactly... not that I would mind that, but for the time being we can always message people we want to share the details with. What I mean is like:

Lets say you and I played some other game before, and I felt like you were a total jerk and I wanted nothing to do with you in any multi-player game ever again. I know your user name and Steam ID, of course, but I've never actually played DST with you. I want to be able to ban you using my Server Admin/blacklist now, rather than waiting for you to join my game to be able to do it.

Archived