Playing As Monsters Possible

Mario384

I've been screwing around with Woodie's code tonight, and I found that by merging some of the werebeaver's code and a selected creature (I chose a regular spider) that it's possible to turn into different creatures with not as much hassle as other means.  I plan to post screenshots and possibly a test version soon.  Things I need to do are make the transformation occur when the player starts the game, stop the natural drain of health, possibly make a special icon, and make death really kill you.  It's really basic as of right now, it's regular Woodie transforming and turning into a spider and pretty much having the same mechanics as the werebeaver, with slight differences.  Also, before you say anything, do note I'm very Novice at modding, so this may have seemed simple to others, but for me it's a bit of an accomplishment.

Nice. Are you using SGwerebeaver as the stategraph or SGspider? The stategraphs control the animations for characters and monsters. If they call for an animation a monster doesn't have or terminate an animation early it might look strange.

Well, first test ran, it worked up until the point Woodie goes to transform.  And, I did turn into a spider, actually, I went into the cowering animation, and wasn't able to come out of it.  I was using SGspider, so it looks like I need to do some modifying.  Any suggestons are welcome, like I said, I am kinda Novice.  I'm going to try using SGwerebeaver next, see what my result is.

EDIT:

Using SGwerebeaver made things worse, as I didn't appear at all when I transformed.  So it seems I'll need to do some copy and pasting work, my issue will be figuring out what I should take into SGspider from SGwerebeaver.  Any suggestion are welcome.

You'll have to make your own stategraph file. Open up the werebeaver and spider stategraphs side by side. See what things are consistent, what aren't and what animations each stategraph files call on. Then copy one of them, rename it, and make any necessary modifications. Hard to say much more without going through it all myself.

You'll have to make your own stategraph file. Open up the werebeaver and spider stategraphs side by side. See what things are consistent, what aren't and what animations each stategraph files call on. Then copy one of them, rename it, and make any necessary modifications. Hard to say much more without going through it all myself.

I just finished doing that, created my own werespider stategraph, used the spider stategraph as a base, and added what seemed neccessary werebeaver parts in (there's a few parts that handle the transformation animation and make it functional) Question though, how do you register a stategraph in the modmain file?

thats is what im trying to do im making a character that turns into dragonfly

I'm gonna make a Bearger character, i tried using sample character to make a bearger character, it loaded and made the world.....thats when it stopped. I'll try and get the character to go underground in wereform if not then ok, if i try and i can't add the temperature then that's fine too, aslong as i can play as a giant i will be happy.

I just finished doing that, created my own werespider stategraph, used the spider stategraph as a base, and added what seemed neccessary werebeaver parts in (there's a few parts that handle the transformation animation and make it functional) Question though, how do you register a stategraph in the modmain file?

If you can make the mod for this, then that will be....there's no word invented to describe how great it will be and you'll be.

I'm gonna make a Bearger character, i tried using sample character to make a bearger character, it loaded and made the world.....thats when it stopped. I'll try and get the character to go underground in wereform if not then ok, if i try and i can't add the temperature then that's fine too, aslong as i can play as a giant i will be happy.

i havent finished it yet i had to go to school but this fourm thread is realy helping me make the charcter

If you can make the mod for this, then that will be....there's no word invented to describe how great it will be and you'll be.

Thank you for your words.  This may take a bit, but when it's finished, hopefully it'll be as good as you think of it.  I'll also possibly set up some sort of tutorial for making transforming characters when I fully figure it out myself, it would be cool to see more mods out there like that.

Question though, how do you register a stategraph in the modmain file?

At the end of your stategraph file, if it says 'return SGwerebeaver', change the name returned to whatever you want. 'return SGwerecreature' for example. If this line isn't present, then don't worry about it.

Then in your prefab file, search for the line were it sets the stategraph (just do a search for 'sg' or 'stategraph' and you should find it. Replace the name with your stategraph file. IIRC, I don't think you have to declare your stategraph in your assets list.

At the end of your stategraph file, if it says 'return SGwerebeaver', change the name returned to whatever you want. 'return SGwerecreature' for example. If this line isn't present, then don't worry about it.

Then in your prefab file, search for the line were it sets the stategraph (just do a search for 'sg' or 'stategraph' and you should find it. Replace the name with your stategraph file. IIRC, I don't think you have to declare your stategraph in your assets list.

Hmm, I added the stategraph, added the needed changes, and now when I select the mod, it crashes without displaying console error.  Everything is in the correct location, not sure what it is...

i cant seem to get it to work i have another fourm thread asking for help

That's... Amazing. I can imagine a ton of things made possible by this new thing.

Like... 

Like a mod for Don't Starve Together that makes a ghost player capable of controlling a creature for a moment by haunting it...

Or a character based on that same thing.

I won't do that myself though, haha. :spidercowers:

... I don't know.

Archived