What is the purpose of haunting?

I have gotten rid of them before. I just went really far away from them and when I tried to find them again they never came back.

Another thing I found out the other day is that if you haunt a yellow bee it can turn into a red bee.

Wow, devs must havr took good care of that haunting mechanic O_o

kk so having haunt a tier 2 and 1 spider den will result in the spiders being hostile to things around them,  

E.G if theres like 1 tier 2 spider den and 2 tier 3 spider dens, and you haunt the tier 2 spider den, the spiders that spawn from that den will become hostile to the tier 3 spiderdens and the spiders will have a massive fight. I don't think it'll end, from what I seen, all the spiders from those 3 dens were fighting each other like a domino effect.

kk so having haunt a tier 2 and 1 spider den will result in the spiders being hostile to things around them,  

E.G if theres like 1 tier 2 spider den and 2 tier 3 spider dens, and you haunt the tier 2 spider den, the spiders that spawn from that den will become hostile to the tier 3 spiderdens and the spiders will have a massive fight. I don't think it'll end, from what I seen, all the spiders from those 3 dens were fighting each other like a domino effect.

Sounds like the same process that happens when you set any spiders following Webber onto any that aren't. What happens is that every time one is attacked, nearby spiders that aren't caught up in the brawl (because they were off screen or just spawned) will engage whoever just did the attacking, making it so that the spiders end up alternating switching "sides" until they're all dead.

<foams at mouth>

Alternatively, it can help you if you're underprepared for ol' Clops (or you're just too laggy to fight him properly) if you haunt enough trees you might get your very own Treeguard protector. 

The butterfly is an example of being careful where you haunt... :(

whats the interactions between a treeman and a clops :o?

Such chaos!! Such power! Muhahaha!

Ahem.

In addition to the great list already posted, you can have lots of fun as a ghost.  I helped my fellow starving campers today by chasing koalefant to a bee hive and then haunting the bee hive and letting the bees kill the animal.  They didn't even have to get their hands dirty and got meat.

In addition to the great list already posted, you can have lots of fun as a ghost.  I helped my fellow starving campers today by chasing koalefant to a bee hive and then haunting the bee hive and letting the bees kill the animal.  They didn't even have to get their hands dirty and got meat.

Archived