Bears: The Daytime Menace

I was thinking as i was playing, I don't really have ANYTHING to fear during the daytime whilst i scavenge for berries and such. Nothing really attacks you other then maybe a tentacle or a frog, but those are exclusive to the Swamp. It seems in the plains and forest nothing to fear but fear itself (Maybe a spider nest or two, but the spiders don't seem to come out much). For the Quarries there is the occasional Tallbird that only attacks when you get too close. Those Savannas with the Beefalo don't seem to be dangerous unless i decide to try my luck with a couple of Beefalo. So what have i to fear as i rummage around picking berries and fearlessly murdering the cute little rabbits? Maybe a Bear, or something similar (A different name will be given to it of course) could be added.It would wander around the plains where berries spawn eating those like a Gobbler would. It would be aggressive only if the player has fish/berries in their inventory and/or you provoke it in some way. Once killed it could drop meat and/or a pelt that could be used for clothing or something else. I feel as if a threat should be added for the daytime because wolves are just not too common and i'm not dumb enough to pick a fight with every living thing i see that breaths my air. Please take this suggestion into consideration, and if it is not implemented i fully understand. I have been playing the game for quite some time so i have plenty experience with the game so this isn't just some random thought i had after day 5 (I'm on Day 70) Thanks for your time, and don't forget to leave plenty of feedback!

Don't forget about good ol' treebeard. But more on topic, yes this is a very popular idea and something similar could get added due to popularity alone. I'd personally like to see a lot more semi aggressive creatures both day and night. Strictly aggressive or passive creatures aren't very interesting imo. Lastly, Don't Starve is awesomely creative and I think it deserves better than plain old bears. :)

Maybe a Bear, or something similar (A different name will be given to it of course) could be added.It would wander around the plains where berries spawn eating those like a Gobbler would. It would be aggressive only if the player has fish/berries in their inventory and/or you provoke it in some way.

Well I've always thought adding a bear, or similar daytime menace, would be a good idea. In fact, I suggested the same for Minecraft ages ago because there was noting really to fear during the day on the surface. Anywho, in past discussions on this topic (of which more than a few other players have suggested bears too) the general idea I liked was that bears would wander forest and grass biomes during the day and sleep at night. The bear would be aggressive if the player came too close (i.e. tallbird) and could easily chase them down for a good mauling with its sharp claws and teeth. The bears would kill/scare rabbits, eat berries from bushes, steal honey from bee hives/boxes, and fish in ponds (i.e. it was suggested ponds appear in locations other than just the swamp).

Obviously players to have berry bushes and bee boxes may find that a bear wandering around their base camp is a very real issue...

Once killed it could drop meat and/or a pelt that could be used for clothing or something else. I feel as if a threat should be added for the daytime because wolves are just not too common and i'm not dumb enough to pick a fight with every living thing i see that breaths my air.

Yup to meat and sure, why not a bear pelt? More animals should drop pelts. Also they should drop a bear tooth (or just "tooth" if the long term goal is to stack them with the hound's tooth) or claws. Maybe the player can then use these teeth/claws to craft a new weapon, like a "spiked club" that causes (or has a % chance to cause) a stun effect on a hit.