Question. I am confused.

No fancy introductions here, I just want to know someting.

I currently own Don't Starve on steam. My friends want to play it with me when multiplayer comes out,

but, will they need to buy Don't starve in order to play with me?

The reason i ask is because i hear things like "Your friends won't need to buy the game to play with you", but also the excact opposite.

Thanks in advance.

They will need to buy the game when it is released, or already own it to be able to play it later when it is released.

For beta version the keys are given freely from Klei, from giveaways or through email if you signed up.

The reason i ask is because i hear things like "Your friends won't need to buy the game to play with you", but also the excact opposite.

I've never heard this, before. o.o

i thought they won't need don't starve cuz stand alone expansions of a game don't require the base game O.o

Alright… Now we’re talking! How much is it going to cost?

Don’t Starve Together will be a free standalone multiplayer expansion for all current owners of Steam / Standalone. Thank you for supporting us!

With the addition of multiplayer, the price of Don’t Starve will go up to $19.99 USD around the time Alpha becomes available.

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1543441-dont-starve-together---multiplayer-officially-coming-summer-2014

but I think I read somewhere that people would be able to play DST after it is released without having the base game, but would only have a limited experience(less characters or something like that). I'm prone to have realistic dreams, so I'm not quite sure if this actually happened, though...

Ok so the question is how do we sign up/where to get the chance to get the keys for "dont starve together"?  because i really want to play with my friends :<

The sign up for Beta is over. So that is no longer possible.

If you didnt sign up you have the option to buy in to the beta after dec 15th via the Frontier pack. ($5 on Steam if you already own Dont Starve)

Or wait for DST to be released, then it will be totally free, provided that you already own Dont Starve.

There is currently no release date set for Dont Starve Together.

You can also win a key on Kleis Livestream on twitch. Every Thursday at 3.30pm PST.

Archived