Questions about Farm Plots

Mah nueb kueyshtians uph da wheak :o

Does anyone know how often farm plots need to be fertilized? I haven't abused my farms enough yet :3

More importantly, does Speedy Farm Plots burn? I've always used Turbos but I'm considering saving the stone for other uses.

Just tested: farm plots do not burn. Any of them. At all. I planted pine cones to make trees grow in the plot itself, then lit them on fire. The trees burned down (obviously), leaving their charcoal-bestowing skeletons behind, and yet the crops were 100% untouched. As for speed, I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's something like:

Normal Farm - about 3 days

Speedy Farm - about 1.5 days

Turbo Farm - about .5 days

I wonder if this is something that Kevin will address at some point. As it stands, with no Winter in the game, Farms are immune to everything. You can't burn them, crops always grow, seeds are plentiful, and there's no pushback for "too much farming".

...uh-oh...

Thanks Marak! I think I'll still go with speedy farms though manure may be a bigger issue. I'm highly anticipating winter; it makes sense that it will halt harvest but I've wonder how it will affect other sources of sustenance. Will it be just plain harsh (survive on what you already have + beefalo) or will new fun critters come out to taste my spear? :D

Marak:

I see what you're saying about farming and no real consequences.

I would have to make a point though, to get everything set up like that takes a few in game days (and that's once you find everything you need...buffalo, rocks, etc) but once you get everything set up in the game (farms and everything else at base) you are spending more and more time away from camp just doing things like setting up another camp.

-----this next part is not me yelling or mad, its just my thoughts, please don't take it that way--------------------------------------

I think the idea of the game itself is what is going to always be hard to overcome. You start off striving to survive and get set up...once you get there, you try not to lose it...and usually you don't. If they introduce anything that makes it very difficult to survive, they need to also add in ways (or change them around) to have the ability TO survive in those situations. Once we figure those things out you are back to being at step 2.

Also, thinking about it, if they add things like natural disasters...i think that would be overwhelmingly annoying for lots of people. Something that hinders getting things set up is one thing, but not being able to overcome it is destructive to the "desire" to play.

Just my ideas.

Meat-

I have a question:

Turbo plots start off with enough for 30 harvests. What happens when they run out? How much fertility does one poop restore to the farm? Just one, or more?

It would be very annoying to have a 1:1 poop-crop ratio after the initial fertilization of the farms wears off.

I have a question:

Turbo plots start off with enough for 30 harvests. What happens when they run out? How much fertility does one poop restore to the farm? Just one, or more?

It would be very annoying to have a 1:1 poop-crop ratio after the initial fertilization of the farms wears off.

Three Manure will restore a "drained" Turbo plot to full "capacity" again. I'm pretty sure it's 10 plantings per Manure, at least for Turbo Plots. So no worries, the days of the 1:1 manure-to-crop ratio thankfully died a couple of updates ago.