The lack of servers.

There are alot of servers. 

Most of the ones with good ping are locked.

And the ones that are open have ??? in the ping field.

Is there an ETA on Dedicated servers?

more good unlocked servers will be unlocked when they implement those anti-griefing features, so I'd bank on that before dedicated servers.

That ??? ping thing always gets me... it shows that every time for my partner and I on each others worlds, and our ping has never been higher than 12 in-game.

For what it's worth, most of the ??? servers I've popped into have tended to have better ping than the others on the list (less than 100, anyway). Most, but not always. No harm in jumping in and checking it out though. The hosts have always been understanding if I tell them sorry, my ping is bad, and I'd be a terrible participant if I stuck around.

• Developer

@imsomony,

The ??? doesn't indicate a bad ping, it indicates unknown ping, for some reason the server couldn't be pinged (firewalls, proxies, etc). The connection logic can still connect through the punchthrough and the ping could be great, but the lobby can't retrieve an accurate ping.

• Developer

That ??? ping thing always gets me... it shows that every time for my partner and I on each others worlds, and our ping has never been higher than 12 in-game.

For what it's worth, most of the ??? servers I've popped into have tended to have better ping than the others on the list (less than 100, anyway). Most, but not always. No harm in jumping in and checking it out though. The hosts have always been understanding if I tell them sorry, my ping is bad, and I'd be a terrible participant if I stuck around.

Yeah, all the ??? ping on the browser means is that we couldn't directly ping the server, so we're not sure what the ping is like. Some ??? ping servers will be very low latency once joining and others will be very high. At some point in the future, we hope to eradicate ??? listings entirely and replace it with a best guess at the ping.

Edit: Hi Kaj.

The ??? doesn't indicate a bad ping, it indicates unknown ping, for some reason the server couldn't be pinged (firewalls, proxies, etc).

Yeah, all the ??? ping on the browser means is that we couldn't directly ping the server, so we're not sure what the ping is like.

Thanks guys! Yeah I figured it was just that you couldn't get an accurate number. It's weird that I've never-ever seen a server with double- or single-digit ping on the list, but more often than not, those ??? servers ended up being them for me.

Archived