[Gameplay] - Host can't see the players on map

soul

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Host can't see the players on map

Issue Description: I don't know if its intended or just a bug but unless a player is in near vicinity, it doesn't show on client's map. This is quite troublesome in non-pvp as I can't even be sure if the person has spawned where i think he/she should have!

Steps to Reproduce: Start a server and go off a bit far.Check your map to see if other players show up in it when they log in.

I think this is intended. It's making it so that what you can see on the minimap doesn't depend on whether you're a host or a client.

Edit: I agree with you that there is definitely a need for something to help locate other players. For now, you can use c_gonext('wilson') or 'willow', etc, on the console to find other players. Eventually I'd like there to be some way to notify other players of your location (maybe an item that makes a noise, or a gesture that shouts to players your location, whatever, just something).

well if its intended then it certainly makes the game harder imo .. more like a world without GPS ..now every1 WILL have to work harder at staying alive.. especially with spawn points changing unexpectedly..

• Developer

Yeah, this is intended. Previously, the host had knowledge of player positions that they should not have had. That said, the spawn point changing is a bug and we do intend to add a way to broadcast your position to other players.

Yeah, this is intended. Previously, the host had knowledge of player positions that they should not have had. That said, the spawn point changing is a bug and we do intend to add a way to broadcast your position to other players.

Sorry to intrude on this thread but it is semi-related as while I was playing on a server and talking to the host, apparently they couldn't see player icons at all. No matter where they were on the map, someone could be standing by them and there was no icon for them.

Let it be known they did use the reveal map command so I'm not sure if it bugged out the map more or what.

Feels like it would be related to this change though. Not sure. If I am to go label this as a bug I'll get more information first to just make sure it is all in written order.

Archived