Damage Reduction

What's with the damage reduction? I'm playing with one other person, and we're both annoyed how it takes 5 or 6 hits with a spear to kill a measly spider, or 2 hits with a boomerang to kill a bird.

Anyone know of a way to turn it off?

What's with the damage reduction? I'm playing with one other person, and we're both annoyed how it takes 5 or 6 hits with a spear to kill a measly spider, or 2 hits with a boomerang to kill a bird.

Anyone know of a way to turn it off?

They said that the damage reduction was because of multiplayer to encourage co-op,also,as far I know there is not a way to turn it off.

Good, I'm glad to see that we I wasn't the only one to notice this.

The only thing I disagree with here is the killing of birds (And presumably Rabbits). This makes it almost impossible to kill a bird now unless you both throw it at the same time....

Will have to test in-game and see the actual effects of this.

Will also have to test to see if it scales with number of players.

It will make Wolfgang a bit more useful at least, but it can get very annoying with how long it takes to kill a Beefalo.

My issue is simple:

1) It takes more people to kill things at the same rate.

2) The number of meat a monster drops isn't increased to compensate.

@ryvrdrgn14, Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. This was from two months ago. The damage nerfs they are talking about are no longer in effect. Beefalo do have more health now, though. But the balance is much better now, I think it's fine. It really doesn't take THAT long to kill a beefalo, and since they have such a huge time between their attacks, it's extremely easy to gang up on them. 

@ryvrdrgn14, Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. This was from two months ago. The damage nerfs they are talking about are no longer in effect. Beefalo do have more health now, though. But the balance is much better now, I think it's fine. It really doesn't take THAT long to kill a beefalo, and since they have such a huge time between their attacks, it's extremely easy to gang up on them. 

I see. I haven't played the single player game at all but I did see monsters dying really fast in videos in Youtube. I was also in a game where it took forever to kill a merman for some reason.

to prevent a lil misinformation going on in this thread:

WEREPIG_HEALTH = 350 * 1.5, -- harder for multiplayer	    PIG_GUARD_HEALTH = 300 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    MERM_HEALTH = 250 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    WALRUS_HEALTH = 150 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    KNIGHT_HEALTH = 300 * 3, -- harder for multiplayer	    BISHOP_HEALTH = 300 * 3, -- harder for multiplayer	    ROOK_HEALTH = 300 * 3, -- harder for multiplayer	    BEEFALO_HEALTH = 500 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    KOALEFANT_HEALTH = 500 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    SPIDER_WARRIOR_HEALTH = 200 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    LEIF_HEALTH = 2000 * 1.5, -- harder for multiplayer	    DEERCLOPS_HEALTH = 2000 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    TALLBIRD_HEALTH = 400 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    TEENBIRD_HEALTH = 400*.75 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer	    KRAMPUS_HEALTH = 200 * 1.5, -- harder for multiplayer	    SPIDERQUEEN_HEALTH = 1250 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

From Tuning.lua

Note: I did not find these values by hand, just searched using ^((?!harder).)*$, so it may not be a complete list

Archived