XP requirements should go higher in DST?

It's a beta. Half of the stuff isn't even implimented in to the game yet. They want to fix gamebreaking bugs first then move on to caves, adventure mode and RoG support. The game isn't even half done content wise.

I know, and of course that balance comes after core features, but whats the harm in suggesting that..?

Wilson would become thing like Ghastly Gibus in TF2 (the mark of newbieness/noobness). For me it's better that way. Besides some bugs might include character items/skills and making characters harder to abtain right now would be only annoying.

When DST was just a concept, I would have agreed with you (the OP), but after playing DST it seems to be more fun to have all the characters available to you after "just a little amount" of playtime. That way you can quickly play whatever character you want to play as. Other than the singleplayer, there's lots more replayability in the way of playing with strangers and friends alike, cooperate with or fight your fellow survivors etc.

Can a mod move this to the general discussion thread?

Onto topic: I feel that if you find out how to play the game, it's easy to unlock the characters. But still it's one part of the game. Character unlocking isn't the entire game. Certain characters are basic upgrades with addons. For example. Wigfrid is an upgrade to Wolfgang and Woodie but she can't eat anything else besides meats. Also, Webber is a semi-upgrade to Wilson from the beard but it provides less insulation and produces silk (which despite being useful) comes in short quantities also despite being friendly to spiders and being able to eat monster meat, is considered an enemy to any follower (pigs and bunnymen).

Archived