How do I get passed the "Create an Account" window in the beta?

Hello I recently got the Don't Starge Together beta key. It opens to the main menu just fine, but when I click on "Play Online!" I just get the "Create an Account" message. I already made my account but there is nothing, it seems, that I can do to host or even play. I've read that you didn't need the original game to play the beta. Is this true? Well I hope there is someone out there that can help me out. Thanks for your time!

Hello I recently got the Don't Starge Together beta key. It opens to the main menu just fine, but when I click on "Play Online!" I just get the "Create an Account" message. I already made my account but there is nothing, it seems, that I can do to host or even play. I've read that you didn't need the original game to play the beta. Is this true? Well I hope there is someone out there that can help me out. Thanks for your time!

you click cancel.

If that doesn't work, restart steam.

Oh jeez! seems like i spammed the gen thread sorry everyone. the page wouldnt load and i just press the post button too many times. after that it said that the forums were offline :c i hope i didnt cause that. also ive looked everywhere but i cant find a delete button

Just click create account anyway and enter your info, when it asks for your email, just type in the same one you use for your Klei account and once you get the email (it took pretty long for me, like 10 mins) and verify by clicking the link it'll see that you already have an account. This confused me at first too.

Please don't make support questions in General DIscussion. You wouldn't want a user saying how much they like Beefalo in your support thread either. 

Make a thread request in this area. Once it's made, attach your DXDIag, Log.txt, your MDMP and if hosting, your save game file(s). Also, make screenshots of ANY and ALL errors you have and add them to the page as well. 

But due to the formatting needed on that page, this topic here is closed and a new support thread (if not already done) must be made there instead. 

Before making a support thread though, check you have no pending patch updates and after downloading, you reboot your computer. Even if "nothing there" reboot anyway. If you have not registered for DST (which is not the same as registering here or signing up for DST keys,) do it but ONLY once. 

If that fails, try counting to six after clicking the play online button and (if need be) click the play online button again. if it still fails, make a report. 

Archived