will dont strave together come to ps4?

I hope you guys make it able to play dst on ps4 that will be awesome and I love don't starve

Sorry to sound rude, but this topic is very old.

But the FAQ is what we're basing this off of. So I'm going to quote what it says on a DST PS4 version.

Is Don't Starve Together coming to PlayStation 4?

We still have a very long development path on Don't Starve Together before we can know about it hitting PS4. We'd like to do it if it's possible though.

So my advice is: Don't put all your chips in one place and don't necro old threads.

Yea it will, but first they will sell Don't starve, then sell ROG, Then they will resell it to you again for access to multiplayer!

#UsedToSupportKlei

Dude, Klei isn't like EA. You can get DST if you own DS before DST's release. Seriously, Klei never said anything about that.

Also, why do people necro this thread? You should be reading the FAQ.

Dude, Klei isn't like EA. You can get DST if you own DS before DST's release. Seriously, Klei never said anything about that.

Also, why do people necro this thread? You should be reading the FAQ.

I paid 19.99 for DS and 5.00 for DSRoG which equals 25.00.

Now they are selling a Mega Pack for 22.50 which includes DST.

They are worse than EA in my opinion!

I paid 19.99 for DS and 5.00 for DSRoG which equals 25.00.

Now they are selling a Mega Pack for 22.50 which includes DST.

They are worse than EA in my opinion!

That's your opinion, not fact.

EA tried to rush the last Battlefield and the current one to compete with Activision.

If Klei was terrible, they'd have sold to Sony for $2.5 Billion by now.

That's your opinion, not fact.

EA tried to rush the last Battlefield and the current one to compete with Activision.

If Klei was terrible, they'd have sold to Sony for $2.5 Billion by now.

That's your opinion not fact. The fact is that they are trying to rip off the customers who helped start their company. That is not arguable. But you can fanboi if ya want, afterall game companies just worry about the 12-16 yr old market who have access to mommy's credit card. Its not hard to feel ripped off when you are really the one paying for it.

I paid 19.99 for DS and 5.00 for DSRoG which equals 25.00. Now they are selling a Mega Pack for 22.50 which includes DST. They are worse than EA in my opinion!
 By this logic, any time any game goes on sale for less than what you paid for it, the devs are worse than EA. The only person you have to be mad at is yourself.

By this logic, any time any game goes on sale for less than what you paid for it, the devs are worse than EA. The only person you have to be mad at is yourself.

No, Steam sales have nothing to do with Klei. Try researching how steam works before defending Klei. Klei does however have control over honoring past customers. Why they wouldn't want experienced DS players to have immediate access to their Beta can only be summed up with on word. Greed.

Sorry for the late "like" vingw, but you deserve it. THUMBS UP

No, Steam sales have nothing to do with Klei. Try researching how steam works before defending Klei. Klei does however have control over honoring past customers. Why they wouldn't want experienced DS players to have immediate access to their Beta can only be summed up with on word. Greed.

They owe past customers nothing but what those past customers paid for. Also, you're jumping all over the place, saying "this and that is fact," shooting down people's opinions only to come back with "the world is ending scenarios" that never happened and never will happen.

Klei makes great games, has great fan service/support, and does as much as it can. They can't please everybody but seem to be pleasing the masses. It's unfortunate you don't fall into that category, but they're certainly a business (a successful one at that) and that definitely doesn't make them greedy.

That's your opinion not fact. The fact is that they are trying to rip off the customers who helped start their company. That is not arguable. But you can fanboi if ya want, afterall game companies just worry about the 12-16 yr old market who have access to mommy's credit card. Its not hard to feel ripped off when you are really the one paying for it.

You're right, that's my opinion, but it's also a true thing most AAA devs do, they want to rush game releases. Take Atari for example, they made devs push out games to continue money showering themselves. Also, your opinion is they're ripping off customers for DST and yet you forget to read something: "NOTE: Players who currently own Don't Starve on Steam will get Don't Starve Together for free when it exits Early-Access. During Early-Access, current owners of Don't Starve get 2 copies of Don't Starve Together through the Frontier Pack at 75% off."- The first line of the Frontier Pack Description. You're also right, I can fanboy their games, because there's a fine line between quality and quantity. You may have been technically "Ripped off" but it's because you bought DS at a period when the game could've been bought for more rather than waiting for any sales or a price cut.

I'm sure, Klei knows how Steam works. Sales may not have much to do with them, but that doesn't mean a sale or cut in price of a game means ripoff. They also does have control over honoring past customers. They're handing DST to Steam owners when it releases. Anyone who purchases DS or DST after DST's release will pay for it.

Also, as I said in my last point DST is available for those who want to buy into the beta right now and will be free after release for those who want to buy it. Plus, you're summing up a beta but you don't know the full meaning. Most people know when a company is greedy. You're assuming Klei is greedy yet they do support their fans and give them feedback. The SethR for example, he looks at most of the pages almost every day. He also updates people with both the Rhymes w/ Devs streams and the Fireside Chats topics. If you want greed, then you've come to the wrong place.

P.S: If any moderator or developer is seeing this, then to prevent a flame war, lock this very dated thread. 

They didn't want to dump everyone into the beta immediately without requiring you to declare interest, because otherwise the steam forums would be **** up with "OMG THIS NEW DS PATCH SUX, GAME TOTALLY BORKEND" out of people who have literally no interest in beta testing a buggy, unstable game being thrust into a situation where they have to choose between that and denying their instant gratification, and being unable to force themselves to choose the latter.

I'm sure instantly dumping in thousands of people with zero stress testing would have worked out amazingly.

Is this a fit over 5 dollars? 5 dollars?

What is that.. a sandwich? I mean, there are times when 5 dollars is a lot of money to me, but during those times, I typically have many concerns more important than video games and if a developer has personally insulted me by not giving me a free thing because I
deserve it!
I was so loyal but also I'm willing to throw a tantrum and talk crap about them at a moment's notice, so, I mean, how loyal is pretty questionable, but then, what it loyalty? I mean, I was there for them, when they needed me, so really if anything it's like, they're not loyal to me. Klei, we could have had something beautiful! I.. I.. I still love you, please let me into your life beta.. I need you, you need me, remember the magic..

Archived