[General] - Action when chatting

Clwnbaby

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Action when chatting

Issue Description: Whenever I go to talk the first thing my character does is perform an action in the immediate area. In some cases there is a hazard like something burning or bees or whatever around and this leads to my death. Also in cases where there is something burning I run straight to the fire and start burning but cant move away cause im stuck in the chat log. Very annoying, resulting in some deaths.

Steps to Reproduce: 1.Join a server

2.Stand near anything hazard or not

3.Press y to chat

4.Start typing(its at this point the character will perform an action)

Hmm, strange, I don't get this, but what I do get it sometimes keys that sometimes it picks up the last few keys I press as part of a chat message, mainly E for rotating the screen and Enter for interacting with the HUD. It does this right as the chat message is starting to display.

• Developer

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Action when chatting

Issue Description: Whenever I go to talk the first thing my character does is perform an action in the immediate area. In some cases there is a hazard like something burning or bees or whatever around and this leads to my death. Also in cases where there is something burning I run straight to the fire and start burning but cant move away cause im stuck in the chat log. Very annoying, resulting in some deaths.

Steps to Reproduce: 1.Join a server

2.Stand near anything hazard or not

3.Press y to chat

4.Start typing(its at this point the character will perform an action)

As others have suggested, this sounds like an issue that's happening due to custom binds--I'm not able to reproduce what you described using the default binds. Have you in fact customized your key bindings? Any additional details (custom bindings, particular ways you're using your input devices, etc) would be helpful, thanks.

Archived