[Gameplay] - Rabbits and Butterflies are Too Slow

MenaAthena

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Rabbits and Butterflies are Too Slow

Issue Description: I can successfully land a hit on a running rabbit or butterfly, killing it.

Steps to Reproduce: Rabbit:

Find a rabbit

Chase it away from it's hole

Attempt to attack it

Butterfly:

Find a butterfly

Wait until it tries to run away

Attempt to attack it

Host. All I had to do was click "kill" and my character would run it down and hit it.

That's odd. Host's game should run almost as fast as single player since you are pretty much playing it from the source. I can say that's impossible if you are playing as a client. Rabbits run away before i can catch up to them normally.

Yes, I was enjoying how easy it was to kill butterflies. I told my friend that all he had to do was click and chase them down. However, he never could kill them that way. We figured the host must have some combat bugs, since I was the host.

I figured it was a feature, since you can't 1shot bunnies anymore.

Bit hit and miss for non-host players though. I'd say either speed them up to faster than running, or slow them down further so it's possible to spear hunt even with lag.

the latency for non host players not only makes this nigh impossible, it makes regular combat tactics for hitting jackalopes and butterflies impossible as it lists "phantom" locations for where they were. Even if only a half second off, this means you have to vector where you think the anticipated spot you were aiming for to him them in the first place. 

I have no idea what the middle ground is on this. 

Archived