[Gameplay] - Character Item Disappearance

osmRhodey

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Issue Title: Character Item Disappearance
Issue Description: This is just an overall happening that occurred.

On a friends server we each played as one of each available character. After some time the Willow player noticed her lighter was gone.(apparently this occurred when she lost connection and rejoined the server) Soon after I, Wickerbottom, noticed I had absolutely no way to make books.(This was confirmed, via video, that it had been during the whole session I never had the ability)

There was no second character at these times. When a second did join it was another Wilson.
So I can honestly see no reason of one character prioritizing on another.

We're not entirely sure what even happened to everything, or when this occurred.
Steps to Reproduce: -Join a server with a friend

-Have no duplicate characters

-Keep check on your character item/bar

I can confirm this. We had duplicate characters on our server though. 2 players played with Willow (including myself) and i didn't get a lighter on spawn. The host was kind enough to spawn a lighter in for me, after taking a break and rebooting the server because of connection issues my lighter has disappeared. Funny thing is that the host was playing as Willow as well, but they kept their lighter after the server reboot. Could it be it only happens to client players?

I can confirm this. We had duplicate characters on our server though. 2 players played with Willow (including myself) and i didn't get a lighter on spawn. The host was kind enough to spawn a lighter in for me, after taking a break and rebooting the server because of connection issues my lighter has disappeared. Funny thing is that the host was playing as Willow as well, but they kept their lighter after the server reboot. Could it be it only happens to client players?

I've gotten my lighter on other servers where the host wasn't playing as Willow. It seems to give the first character their given item (lighter for Willow, 2 papyrus for Wickerbottom) and when the second one comes in the server essentially decides "you're on your own, buddy. Good luck with that nerfed sanity pool and the random fires that'll destroy your base!"

I've gotten my lighter on other servers where the host wasn't playing as Willow. It seems to give the first character their given item (lighter for Willow, 2 papyrus for Wickerbottom) and when the second one comes in the server essentially decides "you're on your own, buddy. Good luck with that nerfed sanity pool and the random fires that'll destroy your base!"

Yes, i noticed that as well. According to the main post one of the people on the server lost the lighter even though they were the only ones playing as Willow. That's different from the bug you mentioned just now.

No, what happened was our Willow player got dropped, and when she joined back in her lighter was gone. As for your issue with Wickerbottom, you were never able to make books so no correction there. (I checked the recording I made) 

I lost my ability to be smarticles :'(

It stinks too, because I had gotten a tentacle spot.

So Wickerbottom lost the ability the whole game and Willow lost it on a rejoin.

Keep that in mind now.

No, what happened was our Willow player got dropped, and when she joined back in her lighter was gone. As for your issue with Wickerbottom, you were never able to make books so no correction there. (I checked the recording I made) 

That's exactly what happened to me while i was playing right now. Was playing as Willow and my lighter got deleted when the host rebooted the server. I have closed the game and reconnected and i had my lighter on me again for some reason. Yeah, it's definitely a bug worth nothing.

Archived