[Gameplay] - Ranged weapons cannot be used to attack with (uncertain if bug or still needs to be implemented)

Spazmatic

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Ranged weapons cannot be used to attack with (uncertain if bug or still needs to be implemented)

Issue Description: Boomerangs and blowdarts cannot be used to attack with, wether this is on people, animals or structures. The character will simply walk towards the target (for the blowdart even play the animation, though no ammo is consumed) but nothing happens...

I do not know wether or not ranged weaponry working correctly needs to be implemented or is an actual bug, decided to report it nontheless. :)

Steps to Reproduce: - Obtain a blowdart or boomerang

- Find a target to attack

- Character will walk towards the target but doesn't attack

Turns out the bug is already addressed, hopefully less chasing next time.

I checked it out in game and it seems to be the same issue as http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41365-gameplay-fire-staff-is-acting-like-a-spear/?p=544305 -- in both cases, you chase after the target rather than using your projectile weapon. Thanks for the report!

Turns out the bug is already addressed, hopefully less chasing next time.

So I'm able to attack birds and rabbits with the boomerang again? I was holding off on making one to conserve silk, but if it's fixed this is great news.

• Developer

So I'm able to attack birds and rabbits with the boomerang again? I was holding off on making one to conserve silk, but if it's fixed this is great news.

I think what @Cyde042 was trying to say is that it's _being_ addressed :)

Unless one of the other folks on the team snuck in a fix for this, I don't think ranged weapons are working properly yet. It's a pretty impactful bug, though, so I'd expect it to be in the first wave of gameplay fixes (once we get past the current general crashiness of the server browser).

Archived