A way to regenerate the lost health?

Many of us got information from the devs, that 50 of your max health will be lost as soon as a person dies. This is a way of making people co-operate, but also a way of interfering in the gameplay. Say, if like 12 people have been playing on the same map for quite a while and then someone accidentally dies because of a stupid mistake (happens to me a lot in SP) then everyone will just have to bare the risk of losing all the progress; not good. I was trying to think of a way to be able to restore your max health, yet having people to co-operate in order to not lose max health. I thought that if you give regeneration items to people when they become ghosts (e.g. Life giving amulet, telltale heart) and when giving quite useful items to other people for them to use for surviving (certain amount of small hunger giving food (e.g. half a stack of berries), some meaty stews/meat balls etc. and the same for healing items) this would give you back certain amount of max health, but only to you, not everyone else). So for example, if you give 20 berries to someone, you would get +2 of your maximum health back, or if you gave like 10 spider glands to someone, it would give you +4 max health back. This would be a way to trade, co-operate and regenerate the maximum health you lost when someone died.

Having one person get max health back and not everyone else wouldn't work. The point of all losing max health when 1 person dies is to create a sort of single life force for the world you're in. So one way of putting it is that every time someone dies, the world loses 1/3 of its health. So after 3 deaths, the world dies, and a new world must be created. If only one person got more max health, it would break this system. So the only way this would work, is if ALL players got max health back for doing something. This would be restoring the health of the world. (I like this idea, I think it might work)

:( why is the health supposed to be linked, thought? It seems kinda lame to me and kinda disgusting as well. I know this game is supposed to be creepy and all, but in a way this is kind of pushing it. I want an option for the united health in that case!

Many of us got information from the devs, that 50 of your max health will be lost as soon as a person dies. This is a way of making people co-operate, but also a way of interfering in the gameplay. Say, if like 12 people have been playing on the same map for quite a while and then someone accidentally dies because of a stupid mistake (happens to me a lot in SP) then everyone will just have to bare the risk of losing all the progress; not good. I was trying to think of a way to be able to restore your max health, yet having people to co-operate in order to not lose max health. I thought that if you give regeneration items to people when they become ghosts (e.g. Life giving amulet, telltale heart) and when giving quite useful items to other people for them to use for surviving (certain amount of small hunger giving food (e.g. half a stack of berries), some meaty stews/meat balls etc. and the same for healing items) this would give you back certain amount of max health, but only to you, not everyone else). So for example, if you give 20 berries to someone, you would get +2 of your maximum health back, or if you gave like 10 spider glands to someone, it would give you +4 max health back. This would be a way to trade, co-operate and regenerate the maximum health you lost when someone died.

I would like something like this.The lost health makes the game harder to the point where you're losing fun,and its just annoying.I wish people hadn't bitched about the ghost mechanic,we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Well, after more testing on the private end, and showing today's Twitch stream, this too now is either moot or a future optional hardcore more.

Back to ghosts and telltale hearts now costing thee crafting player's partial life.

Personally, I like it better this way. 

It also permanently removes health from the revive-e (Hence wx-78 crashing out when he hit 0 max health) So I'm wondering if they may still implement an extremely high cost method to raise your health back

It also permanently removes health from the revive-e (Hence wx-78 crashing out when he hit 0 max health) So I'm wondering if they may still implement an extremely high cost method to raise your health back

As noted in the Twitch, that should have been removed via Jamie's update but he didn't submit it. Why I didn't comment on  that specifically until i see the update working. 

Maybe not so expensive ok? Let's say it would need materials hard to get (like beard hair for meat effigy) or items easy to get but in high amount (similar to fire pit or alchemy engine maybe?).

As noted in the Twitch, that should have been removed via Jamie's update but he didn't submit it. Why I didn't comment on  that specifically until i see the update working. 

He had said he meant to cap it, not remove it. I'd like a high cost method of regaining the health back. Maybe spider glands nightmare fuel and some health to craft it or something.

It kind of defeats the point if you are able to remove the health penalty even if it is at a high cost. Might as well remove perma death as well. There has to be consequences for dying over and over again, else there is no point in having death in the first place. I understand the frustration of not being able to get rid of the penalty but at the end of the day... don't die and you won't get the penalty.

It kind of defeats the point if you are able to remove the health penalty even if it is at a high cost. Might as well remove perma death as well. There has to be consequences for dying over and over again, else there is no point in having death in the first place. I understand the frustration of not being able to get rid of the penalty but at the end of the day... don't die and you won't get the penalty.

Well, personally, the frustration comes out of the way that single-player works. If you're careful, and you plan ahead, you can die many times and not suffer a permanent penalty. Just make sure you've got a meat effigy any time you do something risky, and preferably another pre-built so you can place it right after the old one is used. The current setup in multiplayer is definitely harsher than that.

@Legolasgirl1987 I agree with you, I was just trying to explain the perspective. I thought I said earlier, but it must have been in another thread, but I'm happy ghosts are back and it seems like the death system has enough nuance now that I want to feel it out for myself before feeling strongly about it. The telltale/meat effigy max health penalty is just something I foresee being annoying, but maybe it won't be.

Archived