So after watching the devs' beta testing I was slightly disappointed with the game-play It seemed too much like a generic multiplayer game and lacked Don't Starviness. For example, there is a small benefit to working together meaning playing alone and raiding other bases essentially means more resources for you. Yes, this only makes a difference for some people but anyway, on with my point.

I was thinking there should be more interaction with other players without the use of chat. What I mean is things like the actions you can do in Portal 2, high-fiving and such. An example of this would be hugging, playing games like cards or something, and yes; high-fiving .Doing these actions would raise sanity or heat just like being with other people would. of course this would be overpowered without a cool-down so after every interaction there would be a minute or so where the interaction doesn't give you any benefits. 

Now I know my examples aren't the best but this is just an idea and I hope you understand what I'm going for and agree, maybe give some better ideas!

:yaypigs:  < doing things like that! :grin:
Thanks for reading!

Edit1- Tweaks

So after watching the devs' beta testing I was slightly disappointed with the game-play It seemed too much like a generic multiplayer game and lacked Don't Starviness. For example, there is a small benefit to working together meaning playing alone and raiding other bases essentially means more resources for you. Yes, this only makes a difference for some people but anyway, on with my point.

I was thinking there should be more interaction with other players without the use of chat. What I mean is things like the actions you can do in Portal 2, high-fiving and such. An example of this would be hugging, playing games like cards or something, and yes; high-fiving .Doing these actions would raise sanity or heat just like being with other people would. of course this would be overpowered without a cool-down so after every interaction there would be a minute or so where the interaction doesn't give you any benefits. 

Now I know my examples aren't the best but this is just an idea and I hope you understand what I'm going for and agree, maybe give some better ideas!

Thanks for reading!

Edit1- Tweaks

Agreeing with this.

Thanks for reading!

Edit1- Tweaks

Interesting idea. Giving sanity makes sense but may be overpowered. That brings up another point, why do you lose sanity at night still if a player is nearby? If someone else is with me in the dark in real life, I feel a lot safer. Anyway, I'd like to see "emotes" like this.

Interesting idea. Giving sanity makes sense but may be overpowered. That brings up another point, why do you lose sanity at night still if a player is nearby? If someone else is with me in the dark in real life, I feel a lot safer. Anyway, I'd like to see "emotes" like this.

Five Words: 

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

They ain't sane no more either. 

Five Words: 

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

They ain't sane no more either. 

Good point. However, since this is just the wilderness it makes more sense. Though there are some pretty weird things in Don't Starve, they're mostly just never-before seen creatures.

I'm taking this into player interaction because I dn't think I should make an suggestion thread if I'm not in Beta at the moment (still hoping though ^^)

What about a Map Table, a craftable structure with Compass and Papyrus and Charcoal which can be used to write informations, crosses and such on the map to help coordination and inter player communicaton besides chat.

For marking interesting spots or meetingpoints and such.

Maybe only visible if a player uses the Map Table and not everywhere?

high-fiving, playing card games... HUGGING?! This isn't Sims.

The Point about sanity boost while being together should definitly be implemented because friendly mobs like pigs also gives sanity boost

Yeah I know my ideas aren't the best but you get my point. I think a passive boost or no decrease in the dark would be nice.

I'm taking this into player interaction because I dn't think I should make an suggestion thread if I'm not in Beta at the moment (still hoping though ^^)

What about a Map Table, a craftable structure with Compass and Papyrus and Charcoal which can be used to write informations, crosses and such on the map to help coordination and inter player communicaton besides chat.

For marking interesting spots or meetingpoints and such.

Maybe only visible if a player uses the Map Table and not everywhere?

I was actually just wondering if collaborative map building was going to be a thing. Like, you go East and your friend goes West, and you can see what each other finds? Maybe not automatically, but by using an item or structure like you suggested. I think it could be very useful, and I can imagine people like, joining new servers, exploring uncharted territory for a few days, sharing the map info they got, and disconnecting to go help out another server the same way. Helpful players like that are always appreciated, and I think creating more opportunities for random acts of kindness like that will help make the game, especially open public servers, more enjoyable.

I was actually just wondering if collaborative map building was going to be a thing. Like, you go East and your friend goes West, and you can see what each other finds? Maybe not automatically, but by using an item or structure like you suggested. I think it could be very useful, and I can imagine people like, joining new servers, exploring uncharted territory for a few days, sharing the map info they got, and disconnecting to go help out another server the same way. Helpful players like that are always appreciated, and I think creating more opportunities for random acts of kindness like that will help make the game, especially open public servers, more enjoyable.

At this time, map updating is single player only to update the "fog of war/last thing you saw when you went over that area" dynamic. Even with co-op, people can turn and this was the compromise decided on.

At this time, map updating is single player only to update the "fog of war/last thing you saw when you went over that area" dynamic. Even with co-op, people can turn and this was the compromise decided on.

Ah well. I can understand the thought process behind that. Bit of a shame because I like random acts of kindness in multiplayer, but that's actually pretty cool by itself, too.

Archived