Needs some more progression (hear me out)

I like the updates rolling out but it's just not enough for me to come back yet. I bought the game and was able to enjoy around 8 hours or so before I feel like I've done everything. I had unlocked all the characters and upgrades. Now I feel like it's a little silly not to release more upgrades at the very least, something that makes me feel like I'm playing for something other than the sake of just playing the game.

I'm sure there's more in the pipeline, but don't expect anything that won't take a playthrough or two to unlock.

In the meantime, I recommend setting yourself some challenges if you want more out of the game, if it helps here's some pretend achievements for you to unlock:

Lone Wolf: Complete 3 missions with one agent in one playthrough

Pacifist: Complete a mission with no weapons in your inventory

What's the point of playing the game when I've seen everything and accomplished everything?

Just plain having fun doing it? If you're not having fun, then yes, move on to something else for a while. Maybe even wait until the game is out of early access to come back to it all fresh. We're only 2 updates into the beta, and knowing Klei there's many many more to come, so with a little patience you'll get more content coming ;)

What's the point of playing the game when I've seen everything and accomplished everything?

My point is that playing the game should be reason to play the game. The reason I stop playing games is that they get repetitive and thus boring. Procedural generation means each game will be unique and challenging in itself. II is not yet at this point - outside SM - but I hope to see it reaching this level.

• Developer

My personal take on it is that the overall game arc is actually in a medicore-to-bad place right now. In my opinion, the first few missions are very fun and tense. Once you get out of those, you see the light at the end of the tunnel (the final mission) and know it isn't really that hard. So you go into the latter half of the game planning on only survival and minimal risk taking (only grab what you can safely, which is boring in Invisible!). Once we get a real (difficult, interesting, different) finale in the game you'll have to use those final few missions to keep building up, making them as interesting and tense as the first few. 

Also, we are adding a new unlock or two in the next patch :) 

My personal take on it is that the overall game arc is actually in a medicore-to-bad place right now. In my opinion, the first few missions are very fun and tense. Once you get out of those, you see the light at the end of the tunnel (the final mission) and know it isn't really that hard. So you go into the latter half of the game planning on only survival and minimal risk taking (only grab what you can safely, which is boring in Invisible!). Once we get a real (difficult, interesting, different) finale in the game you'll have to use those final few missions to keep building up, making them as interesting and tense as the first few. 

Also, we are adding a new unlock or two in the next patch :-)

Awesome, good to know! 

And I'm a great fan of Klei games. You're right about the missions and everything. And hey, I think the game is really good right now, but I was mainly just wondering when we get more of those unlocks. And I guess I got the answer!

Archived