[General] - Uknown error--Game Will Not Start

but... i bought this game because i knew it would work in my operation system. klei can't just lie to me! if it's not on xp, i'll want a....

tam tam tam!

....refund

Klei didn't lie to anyone, and if so, not intentionally.

They are looking for a fix to the problems and I'm 100% sure it was only a mistake, some overlooked code or similar.

You're not really playing Early-Access games, you're testing them, mainly. That means that things like this can happen.

And regarding a refund, every Early-Access game states that it can still change in development and will not remain the same. Even if they did ditch XP support, which they did not do, it wouldn't be a reason for a refund.

But really, as I said, Klei surely is working on it. I hope that we get news about things today, they're not working 24/7 after all and have normal work times. I have seen cases where Klei fixed things on weekends and holidays, so they already do more than usual devs would do. I'm simply asking you to remain patient, please :D

The game stopped working for me under wine on Linux. The error is:
wine: Call from 0x7bc54650 to unimplemented function WS2_32.dll.WSAPoll, aborting

According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms741669%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
the "The WSAPoll function is defined on Windows Vista and later."

This might be related to the game not working on XP.

The game stopped working for me under wine on Linux. The error is:

wine: Call from 0x7bc54650 to unimplemented function WS2_32.dll.WSAPoll, aborting

According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms741669%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

the "The WSAPoll function is defined on Windows Vista and later."

This might be related to the game not working on XP.

I'm going to assume you tried simply reinstalling and all that stuff, so I'll skip that.

Thanks for reporting this, should be helpful to know that it's not WinXP-specific and that this "WSAPoll" thing is causing problems, atleast in your case.

Also, when opening invisibleinc.exe, it claims that "invisibleinc.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

did you just quote what i said, or we have identical bugs?

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Game will not start

Issue Description: The game when I try to start, it just produces the steam popup,

Game failed to start(Unknown Error)

I am wondering if this is because I am running steam on a Windows XP.

Steps to Reproduce: I had just finished updating invisible inc to V.2.

that means the bug is with the update

Sorry if I seem a bit impatient, but I bought this game 4 days ago and there hasn't been any word of how to fix this bug.

And yes, I KNOW it's early access, and I should expect this when buying, but I just wanna play some invisible inc Dx

No answer means they are still trying to reproduce this error and (more importantly) find a solution. Trust me when I say Klei wants ALL its members to be playing this ASAP who can't! 

No answer means they are still trying to reproduce this error and (more importantly) find a solution. Trust me when I say Klei wants ALL its members to be playing this ASAP who can't! 

That's right, Klei would never just brush off a problem. We already have an answer from a dev in another thread, they're on it, be patient.

PC System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: 2.0+ GHz Dual Core or better 
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or greater 
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Hard Drive: 2 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: 100% DirectX9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

As you can see they do not support XP.

You got lucky it worked previously (before update, that introduced a dipendency on Vista+ api).

PC System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: 2.0+ GHz Dual Core or better 
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or greater 
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Hard Drive: 2 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: 100% DirectX9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

As you can see they do not support XP.

You got lucky it worked previously (before update, that introduced a dipendency on Vista+ api).

i am always checking if it works on windows, since i bought assassin's creed: working on vista

I swear it used to say XP was supported...

But... And I mean no offense by this, what about Invisible Inc makes it not available on Windows XP? The Direct X11 mode is toggle able, and the graphics again, in no offense, are nothing my computer can't easily handle.

This just kinda confuses me since I recall someone from Klei saying that they wanted their games to be playable on all sorts of systems and hardware of all ranges, which is why they chose the art style they have. so that it looks nice and unique, but isn't process intensive.

Until Klei says specifically that they're dropping XP support, I remain believing that they're working towards fixing the issue. Though I can fully understand that the issue doesn't have top priority, since they already stated that Vista or better is a requirement. They're not obligated to fix the XP issue, they're actually being very nice and better than the usual dev for working on it.

Archived