[SPOILER] Rare programs

Through the runs, I get to encounter the 'rare' Incognita programs. For those who did not get to see it yourself, I recommend you not read about it so that this won't spoil the fun :)

Until now, I saw Wrench 5, Wings and Shade. I want to talk about Shade in particular. The Shade's effect is supposed to reduce the guards 'watched zone' by one tile, and it seemed to stack as I toggled it twice. But then when I tried it the third time, the 'red zone' would decrease but still show as 'watched' and when I tried it once more, the guards would actually recover the range of sight by one tile. Also, the Shade seems like it works only for the existing guards and not the ones that spawn after alarm level 3 or higher. Is this how this is supposed to work? or is the effect not supposed to be permanent? Can the effect be stacked? Since the cooldown was only two turns or so, so I guess it might be just temporary. I would like to know if any of other players have seen the program and tried it out, because the run that I had Shade ended quite miserably after I bought that...

Even in 75 hours playtime, I haven't seen one of the rare programs, I feel like I could talk and talk about Hammer, Oracle, etc but I don't even know what the rare ones do, I think the devs should consider making them less rare, if only for getting feedback.

Even in 75 hours playtime, I haven't seen one of the rare programs, I feel like I could talk and talk about Hammer, Oracle, etc but I don't even know what the rare ones do, I think the devs should consider making them less rare, if only for getting feedback.

Maybe one, and only one guranteed one on server farm missions? That would make repeating those actually viable.

I'm hoping for a more configurable Incognita. Being able to upgrade 'her' like another agent, upping program slots, amount of Power you can store, and perhaps starting Power. That last one because I think it's a bit strange how it carries over to the next mission.

Or maybe have missions where you can raid corps for Hardware for her.

Also seeing multiple versions of programs would be neat, say Drip 2.0 restoring 2 Power every turn, or Parasite 2.0 removing 2 firewalls every turn.

Passive upgrades, like a Daemon Blocker that negate X number of Daemons or something would be neat as well.

But enough of my rambling :D

I see plenty of opportunities to improve on and I'm sure we'll see some of them.

Archived