Just beat story mode on Normal, what a game :)

What a challenge! Man I thought I'd never do it. The final mission is tense!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310335167

As things are currently you can literally beat the game without upgrading any of your agents and focusing on med gels and armour piercing tazers. I played on Normal mode and only till towards the end (just before final mission) did I spend around 2000 credits on extra inventory slots and stealth. Do FTM missions and it's pretty straightforward.

Oh I started off with Fusion and Parasite. I bought Hunter later. I also started off with Banks and Internationale. Found Deckard and Shalem in FTM detention centers.

Edit: first time I played Invisible was on steam release day. So I'm relatively new to this compared to most. If I could beat Story mode, we definitely need a more challenging mode.

Awww, you sound so humble. If "I" can beat the game then it must be too easy. :)  Don't be too hard on yourself, I'm sure you got some skills. I was following your (failed) progress in the other thread. You put in your time. Although some claim this game is too easy I think the far majority know that compared to other video games this definitely ranks as one of the harder ones. You did good. 

That's kinda funny we all have our own techniques. I only kept one medigel for the whole team. But that would be interesting…..if everyone has like 2 medigels, you could use your agents as live bait to make the enemy turn the way you want and then sneak up behind them and just keep reviving team mates. 

I'm rockin' the Hunter too but now I find power becomes an issue and I'm forced to start using consoles (gasp!). When you hit that bad choices screen does anyone know what will cause the most success? Do nothing, hack or bribe. Does having maxed out hacking give you a better chance of success? Or maybe it means you won't get the bad choice as often? Probably only the developers could answer that one and I don't blame em if they don't answer. We gotta figure this out on our own. 

I'm currently on endless like day 7 or 8 and like people were saying it becomes pretty easy at that point. Money is no longer important. Finding the best weapons and upgrades is the challenge now. Finding my 4 agent is next to impossible - where are you Shalem???? 

You would think if I'm steamrolling through levels and it's no longer a challenge I would start a new game. You'd be wrong though  :love-struck:  :happypigs:  :spidercowers:  :willowilson:  :juggling:  :wickerbottomthanks:   Ha ha just found these emoticons had to try them out here sorry  :indecisiveness:

@ShadowSimmons I always chose the option that gets you no PWR when I hit those "bad screens" hacking a console.

Personally the main reason I think I sailed through the story mode after numerous attempts was managing my PWR. Pop Fusion on turn 1, use Internationale to scan, hack anything she found, wait for Fusion to reset and repeat. After each mission I honestly had around max PWR this way.

I didn't fire a single shot from Shalem's sniper and none of my agents had guns. I solely relied on Banks stealing from behind and Deckard to distract and sneak past.

The final mission caught me out though. Because I had so much ammo and the way towards the final elevator was blocked by every guard possible at alarm level 6. I literally camped in a corner with Shalem and sniped anyone who ran through the one room that lead to the elevator. It was epic!

I hope we get more missions like the last one, plus the ability to trade over gear to a rescued character.

Edit: Forgot to mention I had a med gel for each of my four agents. This made sure I could revive anyone with any agent.

Yeah, I had a massive bottleneck like that on my successful Normal run. Ended up with about six guards dead or knocked out around one doorway, and then I ran to the end. That's been a typical experience for the last level, too. Feels much more violent than it should be?

Awww, you sound so humble. If "I" can beat the game then it must be too easy.  :-)  Don't be too hard on yourself, I'm sure you got some skills. I was following your (failed) progress in the other thread. You put in your time. Although some claim this game is too easy I think the far majority know that compared to other video games this definitely ranks as one of the harder ones. You did good. 

That's kinda funny we all have our own techniques. I only kept one medigel for the whole team. But that would be interesting…..if everyone has like 2 medigels, you could use your agents as live bait to make the enemy turn the way you want and then sneak up behind them and just keep reviving team mates. 

I'm rockin' the Hunter too but now I find power becomes an issue and I'm forced to start using consoles (gasp!). When you hit that bad choices screen does anyone know what will cause the most success? Do nothing, hack or bribe. Does having maxed out hacking give you a better chance of success? Or maybe it means you won't get the bad choice as often? Probably only the developers could answer that one and I don't blame em if they don't answer. We gotta figure this out on our own. 

I'm currently on endless like day 7 or 8 and like people were saying it becomes pretty easy at that point. Money is no longer important. Finding the best weapons and upgrades is the challenge now. Finding my 4 agent is next to impossible - where are you Shalem???? 

You would think if I'm steamrolling through levels and it's no longer a challenge I would start a new game. You'd be wrong though   :love-struck:   :happypigs:   :spidercowers:   :willowilson:   :juggling:   :wickerbottomthanks:   Ha ha just found these emoticons had to try them out here sorry   :indecisiveness:

HAcking improved well, hacking; and Anarchy improved bribery chances of success. 

Congrats, I have just lost it on the final mission. But I would totally sign to a harder mode (the fact that the current one is called "normal" let us hope for a future "hard mode").

Also, I found that levels were really huge and I didn't remember finding any level of a such size before patch. Did anybody have the same impression?

I'm glad you all need a more challenging mode.  I apparently need a mode even easier than easy.  PA has a recommendation for the name.  I'm only going on the lower guard level missions and there are still so many guards that it seems impossible, particularly when there are guards in armor and I've had no opportunities to pick up items with armor piercing.

Either way, I still love the game and can't get enough of it.  But wow, am I horrible at it!

I was lucky enough to steal a stim from a guard. So it helped.

I believe you're not supposed to be able to stim the prisoner, so I personally don't use it, not sure if this is true or just something random that got stuck in my head, similar to the "bioshot is supposed to refill every 3 or 5 turns" idea that's stuck in my head. Anywho, congratulations J20hawkz! I hope there are more successful story modes in your future, and while I agree that there should be somewhat more challenging story modes, I would rather see more content updates, to play around with new toys :grin:.

Again, congratulations!

I believe you're not supposed to be able to stim the prisoner, so I personally don't use it, not sure if this is true or just something random that got stuck in my head, similar to the "bioshot is supposed to refill every 3 or 5 turns" idea that's stuck in my head. Anywho, congratulations J20hawkz! I hope there are more successful story modes in your future, and while I agree that there should be somewhat more challenging story modes, I would rather see more content updates, to play around with new toys :grin:.

Again, congratulations!

I had not thought of giving him a stim, I actually had 2 of those on my agents. As for not being able to stim him, they did give him an inventory. And it has a pretty high cooldown.

In the final mission I kept Deckard along side that rescued dude. When I moved him 5 spaces I moved Deckard up next to him and used the stim. It worked and allowed me to move him again. Granted the cool down is a beast,and I had 6 turns to spare when I got on the lift, it's not needed.

Grats on the win!

My first win (and first final mission) was through a Senkaku place, and boy was that one a doozy.  Even though I normally have more power than I know what to do with it (power drip + parasite and lots of early scouting), there were just too many security walls and cams to get through.  To top it off, there was a stationary Akuma drone guarding the elevator.

My second win was through a KO place.  That was cake-walk compared to Senkaku, to the point where I was mauling all the guards with tasers for extra swag.

Knowing that this mission was not the actual final mission only hypes me up more for the the final final mission.

Archived