Your "must buy game" this Autumn/Winter

TheStupidpancake

Wondering what upcoming games you guys are really excited for ( besides Don't Starve Together ) for me it would have to be "Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor" If your a big LOTR fan like me, I would HIGHLY recommend this game. Plus its coming out on the 30th of September before a lot of the other big titles. What game are you hyped up for? :D

There are a good handful of games that I want to buy when they're released but I don't know when that is.

Uuh, I like Neverending Nightmares.

Forgot about it's existance, though. Thanks for this remind ;)

If we put it in a more generic "your must buy upcoming games", I have one too:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori

I am really, really looking forward to this.

Uuh, I like Neverending Nightmares.

Forgot about it's existance, though. Thanks for this remind ;)

If we put it in a more generic "your must buy upcoming games", I have one too:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori

I am really, really looking forward to this.

surreal horror rpg? OK, I'm adding that to the list. Horror is my favorite genre.

I'm confused. neverending Nightmares offers to pre-order but takes me to a Steam Page which does not offer any ordering. Did they simply not update their original webpage since 2013 and thus can't happen until Steam releases it? 

I'm confused. neverending Nightmares offers to pre-order but takes me to a Steam Page which does not offer any ordering. Did they simply not update their original webpage since 2013 and thus can't happen until Steam releases it? 

The kickstarter period ended, so pre-orders are closed. I didn't even preorder. You got access to the beta but I wanna play the whole thing.

Thing is, I stopped expecting something out of AAA games.

There's a high chance that in any AAA title, especially in sequels, it's going to be half-arsed with tons of DLC. Heck, games usually already offer day 1 DLC and exclusive DLC packs when preordering. How sick is that? They make a game, then take out a chunk of it and sell it to you again.

It's like if I sold you a car, you pay and everything, and the moment before money and wares exchange owners, I take out the car stereo and demand that you pay extra if you want that included.

That's why I can't get hyped about AAA titles.

Now to indie devs.

I just love it when they go ahead and release like version 0.0001 pre-alpha for Early Access, maybe make it to the beta and then abandon it, or rapidly slow down with development after milking the community for merely a concept.

Or in short: The current state of the gaming industry has made it impossible for me to get excited about any game. In an industry where two out of three products disappoint, how am I supposed to expect positive results off anything?

There's a high chance that in any AAA title, especially in sequels, it's going to be half-arsed with tons of DLC. Heck, games usually already offer day 1 DLC and exclusive DLC packs when preordering. How sick is that? They make a game, then take out a chunk of it and sell it to you again.

It's like if I sold you a car, you pay and everything, and the moment before money and wares exchange owners, I take out the car stereo and demand that you pay extra if you want that included.

Now to indie devs.

I just love it when they go ahead and release like version 0.0001 pre-alpha for Early Access, maybe make it to the beta and then abandon it, or rapidly slow down with development after milking the community for merely a concept.

Or in short: The current state of the gaming industry has made it impossible for me to get excited about any game. In an industry where two out of three products disappoint, how am I supposed to expect positive results off anything?

Faith. 

Now to indie devs.

But.... Rebirth...

Now to indie devs.

Just don't buy Early Access games until they're not in Early Access. It's pretty simple, but at the same time very difficult sometimes.

Yes, we forget how cool Klei is with not slapping a demo with this "early access" title and calling it a "game." 

(Thank you Klei for being so awesome and thorough with your games if I haven't said it recently!) 

Klei highly encourages contributing on the forums and are very friendly to everyone here. Not something you see on every forums, sadly..

Seriously we take Klei's friendlyness and professionalism for granted, but it's really something special.

Archived