I think we all know how Krampus works by now: he spawns when you have done a certain number of "bad things".

I suggest that if you do a certain number of GOOD things, he should spawn (making a different noise when he spawns, to signal his good will) and would drop a christmas-like gift SOMEWHERE in the map for only 5 days, after which it transforms into a "broken giftbox" that serves the only purpose of research...

But you don't want that to happen, do you? So if you find it before the 5 days, you'd find something helpful in it!

This of course implies that there must be some actions in the game that give you Good points. But that's left to the developers to decide.

I think this would be a neat idea that rewards good players and encourages venturing around the world to find the gift!

Well the Krampus is the Krampus... he doesn't reward people for being good. That's the job of good 'ol Saint Nick. However I wouldn't mind if there were good deeds you could perform that offset/counter bad deeds. Like giving food/hats to pig men or leaving vegetables/fruits out on the ground for rabbits to eat or seeds for birds (dropped by you). Of course to counter this I think hats should be destroyed when the pig man wearing it perishes, otherwise you could just feed/hat one pig man and get him killed by spiders, then grab the hat and repeat to remove naughtiness... through pure EVIL. :p

Like mobius said, i think it'd be good to see the NICE part of the Naughty & Nice update. You can't reduce the amount of Naughty points you get except for waiting and there are no Nice points you can get to trigger Santa.

Anyway, to the OP. Krampus sometimes drops his Sack, so you can get more backpack space. That is reward enough.

I completely disagree that the Krampus should reward you, it doesn't fit my idea of what the Krampus in this game is. A monster.

As for a nice side to the naughty and nice update, hm... what if you could use papyrus to craft a present? 1 papyrus plus an item to wrap, and you have a gift box to give to Pigs so they follow you. No matter what you give them they follow you like you gave them meat.

Not to mention that we got smallbirds in the update.

...what if you could use papyrus to craft a present? 1 papyrus plus an item to wrap, and you have a gift box to give to Pigs so they follow you. No matter what you give them they follow you like you gave them meat.

Not to mention that we got smallbirds in the update.

Oh, you sly devil. I see where you're going with this:

Papyrus + Smallbird = Pig Gift

Wait... this is a good thing, right? :(