How will woodie-beaver work?

In singleplayer when he "fade off" as werebeaver he wakes up the next morning, what will heppen if you die as werebeaver at night further away from your man base?

also what will heppen to your stuff? any guy that will see your stuff thrown around will try to steal it.

Klei will probably deal with the day transition when you fall unconscious in real-time, just like they've reported they'll be dealing with sleeping, although while you can wake yourself up from sleep voluntarily in that case, with situations where you are knocked unconscious, as with the Werebeaver and with cooking Mandrakes and eating Cooked Mandrakes, you may have some sort of set time that you have to remain unconscious. I want to say it would likely be until the following morning if it happens at night or dusk, and until dusk if it happens in the morning, or maybe just a set 2 minutes or so, but they wouldn't want to take control away from a player for too long. Maybe any immediate source of danger will force you awake so you can fairly escape from it and not just be comatose as you get munched to death by Hounds or clubbed by another player, but really we'll just have to wait to see exactly how Klei plans to deal with these little tidbits.

To answer the question of your stuff being dropped out in the open, I guess it's just a risk that Woodie players will need to take account of, and maybe craft chests to protect your belongings before you turn Werebeaver, if they make it possible to lock chests from other players that is. I'm really hoping they do.

Who knows, maybe Lucy will grow little legs when you turn into a Werebeaver and act as a guard dog for your stuff, that would be hilarious, albeit totally ridiculous, even for Don't Starve. XD

I'm more curious myself as to how Don't Starve Together will handle cave transitions. What if one person wants to go spelunking for the valuable supplies found only below, but the other members on the server don't feel secure enough delving about underground? Do you just disregard the minority's request, in this case being the one who wants to go down below, (though it could just as well be a single player who doesn't like the idea of cave exploration while the majority of players do) or will there be a way to have two map types, normally separated by a loading screen in the current game, somehow functioning at once? How about three map types including the Ruins?

There's just so much to take into account, even when we get the alpha release of DST I'm imagining there will be a few bulky features like these cut or at least severely limited temporarily since the smoothest possible fix for the issue may require more resource usage than Don't Starve is capable of at one time in its current form.

Trying to figure out how playing Woodie and going werebeaver (in co op we're not going through that PvP thing here again please) would benefit Woodie players post reversion. I'm Sure Klei will figure it out. We'll stick with this concern; it's not like we're easily distrac...

*Klei dangles Invisible Inc early Access*

OOOOH, SHINY!

If it's a set time, Woodie could wake up in the middle of the night and simply die by the grue. Barely any way to prevent that at that point, since your inventory is dropped aswell.

Guess the best would be a set time, BUT never at dusk or night. Dusk not because what if you wake up 10 seconds before night hits, same problem in that case.

I'm more curious myself as to how Don't Starve Together will handle cave transitions. What if one person wants to go spelunking for the valuable supplies found only below, but the other members on the server don't feel secure enough delving about underground? Do you just disregard the minority's request, in this case being the one who wants to go down below, (though it could just as well be a single player who doesn't like the idea of cave exploration while the majority of players do) or will there be a way to have two map types, normally separated by a loading screen in the current game, somehow functioning at once? How about three map types including the Ruins?

The obvious answer is "do it like Minecraft's Nether" -- the surface and each cave becomes its own isolated zone, and you "teleport" between these zones. Time passes normally on the surface while you're in the cave, but it doesn't affect anything until you actually leave the cave.

Though this does give you the issue that you could then use caves to effectively skip winter/summer.

The obvious answer is "do it like Minecraft's Nether" -- the surface and each cave becomes its own isolated zone, and you "teleport" between these zones. Time passes normally on the surface while you're in the cave, but it doesn't affect anything until you actually leave the cave.

Though this does give you the issue that you could then use caves to effectively skip winter/summer.

You mean like you can right now? (caves are really seasonal though)

But let's get back on topic.

I think locking the player in pseudo-sleep until the "wake up" time is a reasonable idea. Creatures would ignore players in this pseudo-sleep. It could also be applied to a similiar scenario: sleep darts. Except that here creatures do not ignore, and damage wakes you.

If it's a set time, Woodie could wake up in the middle of the night and simply die by the grue. Barely any way to prevent that at that point, since your inventory is dropped aswell.

Guess the best would be a set time, BUT never at dusk or night. Dusk not because what if you wake up 10 seconds before night hits, same problem in that case.

Well, thats a kinda good sulotion BUT  he still needs a nerf when it comes to PVP [massage to the truthseeker>>](MUHAHAHAHAHA!) and how about that he can come back to life up until the middle of the evening. 

To tell you the truth I see another problem in the works here. The fact is, Werebeaver in singleplayer just has Woodie function as a light source. I wonder how the night vision will function in multiplayer?

It'll be a light source that only he sees and that only affects him, i.e. a player standing next to him, in the absence of another light source, will be essentially blind and get assaulted by Charlie. Similar to shadow creatures only being visible to/attacking the insane.

Archived