Honor system implmented?

A way that you could rate a player as either

1)Harmfull -  a guy who just popped out of nowhere and killed you to get all your stuff.

2)Natural - a guy that just passed by and didn't do any ahrm to you, maybe even traded with you stuff, or just some guy who you passed the night with because he had no fire... actually..

3)Helpfull/friendly - someone who saw you low on health and helped you out, or saved from some hounds, or helped you in any other way, there realy are more than enough ways to do so in the game.

(if it wasnt clear by now, the system will be meant to keep harmfull players away from survival servers)

*sorry for my english, not a native speaker

**swag.

As much as I love playing games with my friends, playing online with strangers I think will be very interesting. That tense moment when you meet another player not knowing if he's mean, nice or a backstabbing murderer.

About your idea I'd rather there not be a honor system. I basically explained my reason above. I want it to be a surprise. A horrible bloody surprise... :)

I'd rather not know the past of my strange fellow island survivors. And it's best they do not know mine either (I'll enjoy killing anyone using the terms "swag" "yolo" and Wickerbottom)..... I'd be up for player stats but not some ranking system.

While I agree that a lack of an honour system would help with the whole immersion thing, I think there should be something to stop griefers from destroying public server after public server freely.

I'd rather not know the past of my strange fellow island survivors. And it's best they do not know mine either (I'll enjoy killing anyone using the terms "swag" "yolo" and Wickerbottom)..... I'd be up for player stats but not some ranking system.

Until I randomly spam "The End is Nigh" and "On Tentacles" while proceeding to shoot you with rather annoying sleep darts  :grin:, but I'm with you with killing everyone that says those cursed words of death and destruction.

This sounds so much like the reputation system in games, I know at least 2 that do this really well.

GTA (Online)

Unturned (PvP enabled servers)

I know that there's more games but those two came into my mind right away. Now, if a reputation system was in Don't Starve Together, it would be a very unhelpful feature. As Spazmatic said, it'd be okay if there was player statistics, but a full on reputation based system is utterly annoying. In a real life case scenario of Don't Starve (applying the everything from the game into real life) You wouldn't really tell when a player "has the blood on their hands" (which means they've murdered someone) or when they don't. This can fit into Don't Starve easily it lures you to false trust a close friend (which happens when you're stuck on an island, you really have no idea who you can and can't trust and you'll go insane over it.)

Archived