Elite modders required for custom Markiplier adventure mode!

Fidooop

you may be asking many questions such as what mod? why elite? where's waldo? well I can answer all those and more! except the waldo one...

(probably important to read all the spoilers if you wanna be part of the elite modding team)

Questions you may be asking:

What mod?

The Markiplier Expansion Pack it will be a mod that requires the Markiplier character mod to play!

Why a separate mod? Why not just update the original?

Because having it separate will allow users to disable and enable it easily!

I'll also be able to ban it from using Together (why? because programming the mobs to work in multiplayer would be CRAAAAAAAZY hard)

What's in this "Markiplier Expansion Pack"?

Slenderman, Bob (surgeon sim), SCP-173(otherwise known as Billy), Jeff the Killer, The crazed Butt-Stabber, Fedoraplier, Tiny Box Dim, a whole adventure mode specifically for Markiplier only, cut-scenes, comedy, scares, survival, action, and so very much more!

Why elite?

Did you read the previous question's answer? There's ALOT involved in this!

Are you a creepy stalker Fidooop?

No... I am wanting to be a part of game development for a living! and what better way to start by practically making a video game? So I was going to make either an adventure mode for smiley or markiplier since they were my best 2 mods... I was guessing I'd have a good chance to contact Mark and get him to be a voice actor for this mod and probably future things I work on aswell! Plus, I had all this stuff floating in my head back when I first came up with what I'll be putting into the markiplier mod...

But Fid, what about your other mods/mod ideas?

Do not worry those are still in line, after I finish this I will be giving out some much needed updates to my currently released mods (Smiley, nightmares tab, betty, etc.) then I will finally get on the train to get the jungle biome going! So don't worry your pretty little heads about that ;)

Fid, I don't believe you'll get this done! What do you have to say about that?

I have to say that I have ALOT of free time and am fully able to spend entire days programming! Why don't I do it? because I need art to keep me going! I can't draw and I want my mods to look as good as possible! So it's very important that I get artists in here...

The Markiplier mod isn't finished though?

Finishing the Markiplier mod is part of creating this mod! Details about that will be later in this thread post.

But Where's Waldo?

I told you I can't answer that, I've spent too many hours looking for him myself without success!

So, now that those questions are out of the way I can finally tell you what I have planned for this mod!

First off there's going to be coolio stuff that spawns in Markiplier's sandbox world!

Slenderman

8 pages on those creepy spiky trees will spawn in random locations. (probably want it configurable so you can make it easy and only need 5 or super hard and require 20) Pages will only be collectible at night and after the first page you collect slendyman will show up (but only at night) and he will haunt you and want you dead until you've collected every page and he will progressively get harder and harder for every page you DO collect! Once you've collected every page you kill Slender and get a reward! (crafting slendermans pages together into a readable 'book' type thing)

Slenderman's "Book"

By "reading" this you'll be able to instantly go insane or sane

(good for switching in and out of darkiplier state)

Checkpoint machine

in sandbox mode you'll be able to find the check point machine if you activate it it'll act as a touch stone and teleport you to the check point machine if you die! (only recommended for noobs that want to quickly get all of mark's items to get into the adventure mode)

banned from the normal DS adventure world

you'll find many checkpoint machines in the markiplier adventure mode to help you get through it!

Surgeon Simulator

Patient Bob will also spawn in Markiplier's sandbox world and once you find his setpiece you'll see him laying on an operating table on a tiled floor with a small 1 slot box next to him which contain's Bob's new heart! What do you do with this crap? well you gotta go look around because a blueprint will be somewhere nearby. When you find this blueprint you will notice it's a surgeon's tool blueprint! You need to build the surgeon's tool and go "operate" on Bob. When operating blood, bones, and organs will fly everywhere! after you've operated on Bob enough you can place his new heart inside of him for your reward! (The Fedora)

The Fedora

When the Fedora is equiped it will change you into Fedoraplier! Different colored text, new quotes, new voice, and a CRAPTON of sanity boost! on the flip side your stats are nerfed as heck... meaning you need to run from the monsters that want you insane but gentlemen don't run, so Fedoraplier is quite slow aswell.

What's left on the Markiplier mod

Yes, Markiplier mod isn't finished yet but it is required to be finished in order for this expansion pack to be a reality! What's left?

1: Maniac animations

2: darkiplier quotes

3: updating when multiplayer comes out (probably needs a ghost with awesome hair and an M on the chest)

The Hooded Hero will have a small chance to spawn whenever Markiplier turns into the Maniac! he will disappear if you fail to kill him by daytime but if you do manage to kill him he will have a chance to drop the "Blacksmith's universal key" more info on the key will be later in the thread...

The Adventure Mode

The entrance to the new markiplier specific adventure mode will also spawn in mark's world! and alas we get to dive right in right? nope... it requires that you have all of Mark's items which will help greatly when in this adventure mode! (and are probably mentioned and/or required for certain points in the adventure mode)

It requires:

Tim's Tiny Plushy

Warfstache

Blacksmith's universal key

Fedora

slenderman's pages

blacksmith's sword

santiplier's sack

after you enter there will be checkpoints so that if you die it sends you back (because this is probably gunna be a hard adventure)

So far there isn't much planned but at the same time alot planned but I don't know where to fit it all together

What I need to make this mod a reality:

Fidooop ✓(The sticky stuff that brings everything together in the end)

Markiplier (Well, in the cut-scenes I want Mark's voice! so I absolutely require contact with him! Start emailing him, tweeting him, facebooking him, etc. till he finally responds! We have to keep trying!)

artist(s)✓(as the artist(s) for this mod it is required that you can draw many pictures very often and match the don't starve style very well! You also need to be able to draw in sprites)

animator(s) (as the animator(s) for this mod it is required that you can animate entire cut-scenes, and animated creatures/mobs/big bosses)

Someone who can work with sound✓(for Mark's custom voices)

Advanced LUA knowledge✓(basically someone who can help me out and give me pointers as I am doing some pretty advanced stuff from the whole custom built worlds to the cut-scenes to slenderman and SCP-173 who will surely be a challenge to bring their custom mechanics into the DS world!)

Professional Fan-Fic-er (NOT THE SEX-FIC-ERS PLEASE... but yeah, I want this story to be GOOD so I want someone who has the deepest darkest coolest awesomest most twist endingist ways to control where and how everything shows up in the adventure mark goes on! I myself have a few things planned but again, I want the story to be GOOD and filled with scares and comedy and epic places for the creepy pastas to start showing up and the best points for scare)

A smart person (not just smart but crazy smart, I want this adventure to have mind blowing puzzles in it)

World designer (I want this world to be sexy good looking and have a pretty strait forward path to go on but it will also require that it works for the creepy pastas you encounter, puzzles you need to solve, and this is don't starve so there needs to be places with food and trees and supplies so you can keep living and surviving!)

Play testers (when this mod has some ~ok~ progress I will be emailing the mod out to select users to playtest!)

Idea makers (have any ideas? QUICK! STOP READING AND GO POST IT!)

Current members of the elite modding army:

Fidooop (leader of the mod, programmer, and able to put art and sounds in the mod no problem!)

Mr. Hastings (artist)

Erik Debawse (artist and can work with sounds aswell)

Artintel (programmer)

Slendy (concept ideas and helping get contact with markiplier)

Mono (artist)

Kimmeh (art style concept)

Riley (artist and possibly animator)

Yoru (artist)

Current select playtesters:

everyone in the "elite modding army" section +..

Barbaric Space Whale

Fluffy

(>Ðϊscord<)™

Nooplick

Do you wanna playtest when the first betas come out?

Post a comment and if I feel like it you can play the early versions! :-)

REMEMBER! if you can't help out but know someone that CAN help out please send them the link to this thread! :grin:

I can help with world design, fanficery, and smart people if you want. As long as I can do it in a bbcodeless forum post.

Oh, but I'm going to California, so you'd have to wait two weeks.

for 1 you read that REALLY fast

for 2 yeah you can help out if you want to :razz:

I'll sort out the multiple posts :-)

Edit: done.

oh no, you've deleted the wrong post... but good thing I had a backup! XD

thanks though! ^.^

EDIT: it's all good now! inserted the backup into this thread, thanks again for fixing it ;)

oh no, you've deleted the wrong post... but good thing I had a backup! XD

thanks though! ^.^

EDIT: it's all good now! inserted the backup into this thread, thanks again for fixing it ;)

They looked identical to me (the 4 threads) plus you were only commenting here. Anyway good to here you recovered what you needed.

I can help with world design, asexual fanficery, and smart people if you want. As long as I can do it in a bbcodeless forum post.

Oh, but I'm going to California, so you'd have to wait two weeks.

talk to me on steam (I'm friends with you) and lol @ asexual fanficery XD

Not quite sure I understand where you fit in, in "What I need to make this mod a reality:"

Sounds like you need pretty much everyone to do everything?  What would be your role in all this?

sorry for the super late response :/

my role is all main programming I am just fairly new so I don't know of every code that is in my grasp and in my ability to use and where! I also coordinate, lead, and put together all the art and stuff in the game! I just require the artists to do it...

I have just recently coded some fairly complicated stuff for this mod though, such as a beer that you drink then you throw it away and it makes a glass break sound and you will fall asleep and then wake up in an other location in the world with the time fast forwarding a bit and you loosing a bunch of sanity!

I also just programmed a 12 slot safe that will spawn in a random location in mark's world that is locked and you can actually use a key on it to unlock it!

any other questions about my "role"? :)

Archived