Maxwell, the unfathomably cunning *SPOILERS*

I love how cunning Maxwell is. I mean, He's trapped in some thrown of shadow and can't escape. It's extremely obvious that it is not a good place to be... but worse is that he can't be free unless someone else is trapped. He can't just go asking someone for help because no one would be willing to trade their freedom for his. So instead he tricks them, he abducts them and makes them believe that he wants to torture them, he taunts them and makes them feel that he is the reason they are in the situation they are in, he makes them think that he thinks they can't over come him. He purposely gives them no clues as to how to escape or where to find him. Secretly, he'd love nothing more than to paint giant glowing arrows directly to the thrown lining the streets will honeyed hams and bits of gold. Even when they find the adventure door, or the tele portato within, instead of acting ecstatic and praising them he pretends to become angry and frustrated as though they are foiling his plan. He knows that if he makes it too easy they won't be blinded to the true threat he poses... let's them believe that their death is the threat, that he's trying to kill them. He knows if they aren't strong enough to survive he has enternity to find and trick another victim, and the only way they will be blinded to the true danger and fall for his trap is if they think that the only way to escape/not die is to find and kill him.

Every step they think they are getting closer and closer to out-smarting, out-maneuvering their captor when in actuality they are playing directly into his trap. They see it as some crazy evil shadow master who thrives on the agony of others who has a personal vendetta against them, but he couldn't care less who they are or what they want. He has only one goal... escape the chair. He's not evil, he's not cruel not kind or even scared. He is one thing only: Desperate.

Their entire ordeal is nothing more than a long, intricate, fiendishly cunning scam.

Its actually a two part scam. First he offers them something they want which brings them to his dimention, but he completely loses their trust. Then he uses that loss of trust to his advantage too, by offering them revenge as the bait in the second phase.

Oh, i think i figured out what he offered Wes too, it's NSFW though... hand fulls of "balloons"?, Desires he is ashamed to speak aloud? I think we can all read between the lines there...

And further proof of the hell theory: the flames behind the selected characters portrait in the select a character menu.

Quick Question though, other that the one animation "forbidden knowledge" is there any other Official story line? All I can find is that story, a bunch of gameplay trailers and bits and pieces of story cobbled from in game responses and source code hints...

We dont actually know if he's kidnapping people because he wants to, or if all his deeds are forced or not.

People have thought that he set up the entirety of adventure mode because he doesnt want people to get to him, he also gives the players the choice to free him at the end, you dont actually have to put the key in the lock you can actually just kill yourself and leave adventure mode and leave him trapped.

Also reading the second half

Whats this about Wes?

uh...

It's implied that he was abducting people on his own, due to sheer boredom.

That may have been the intention of "them" tho.

Yep exactly, we have no clue. I mean I don't think Maxwells too willing to see people suffer, just look at the lengths he went to to see Charlie be safe, but even then we're not sure if she was some kind of exception or not.

We just dont know! itisamystery5if6jb.gif

Yep exactly, we have no clue. I mean I don't think Maxwells too willing to see people suffer, just look at the lengths he went to to see Charlie be safe, but even then we're not sure if she was some kind of exception or not.

We just dont know! itisamystery5if6jb.gif

Actually, from the ending:

"And so the cycle continues. Will [iNSERT NAME HERE] ever escape? Perhaps He/She too will tire of this wretched place, and use his/her new powers to tempt the unsuspecting."

So its confirmed that whoever is locked on the throne isnt forced to bring people into the DS world.

Actually, from the ending:

"And so the cycle continues. Will [iNSERT NAME HERE] ever escape? Perhaps He/She too will tire of this wretched place, and use his/her new powers to tempt the unsuspecting."

So its confirmed that whoever is locked on the throne isnt forced to bring people into the DS world.

I can still argue its because of They's influence, and also we dont actually know whose narrating that part do we?

Archived