Do you need to fertilise naturally spawned or console spawned grass tafts and/or berry bushes?

I read the wiki if you plant the dug version you need to fertilise every 20 harvests, but do you need to fertilise naturally spawned or spawned with console commands, or can you infinitely harvest them? I haven't tried this, just that next to my base is a dense area of naturally spawned grass next to a pig village and I've already done about 5 harvests, will I need to fertilise after the 20th harvest?

Regards
Aqualight

I read the wiki if you plant the dug version you need to fertilise every 20 harvests, but do you need to fertilise naturally spawned or spawned with console commands, or can you infinitely harvest them? I haven't tried this, just that next to my base is a dense area of naturally spawned grass next to a pig village and I've already done about 5 harvests, will I need to fertilise after the 20th harvest?

Regards

Aqualight

Healthy grass grows normally, but transplanted grass requires fertilization before it does so. If you use normal fertilizer, it should only require that once.

I'm looking at the source code for grass, and yes I believe you must fertilize all grass every 20 harvests. Naturally spawning or transplanted. The difference is you must fertilize transplanted grass once when it's planted, whereas natural grass begins with a full 20 harvests available.

Edit, nevermind. Only transplanted items need fertilization. Sorry.

Archived