Question about Thermal Stones

If the stone is in your backpack it will affect you.

I'm not sure if this works as I have yet to do further testing, but holding the stone with your mouse instead of having it in your inventory MAY prevent it from affecting you

I'll go ahead and test that and get back to you.

EDIT: Holding the thermal stone with your mouse will prevent it from affecting you in any way.

When the stone totally cools, it's COLDER than if you had no stone at all. The trick is to heat yourself before getting to that state. Burning trees with torches or even fire staves works very well. 

(The same in reverse goes for summer, getting hotter than if you had no stone, but there's no using cold-fire burning torches, only campfires and pits and structures like lean-tos)

I'm not sure if this works as I have yet to do further testing, but holding the stone with your mouse instead of having it in your inventory MAY prevent it from affecting you

No, that does not work. It would be too cheaty. Holding things with the mouse counts as another inventory / a second hand slot. lol get it?

I'll do more tests and get back to you.

EDIT:

I've observed that there may indeed be a difference, but if so, it is a negligible amount and therefore, of no consequence.

In other words, thermal stones will not change temperature faster/slower if they are out of your inventory, unless they are closer to or farther from the heat source than you are.

I'll do more tests and get back to you.

EDIT:

I've observed that there may indeed be a difference, but if so, it is a negligible amount and therefore, of no consequence.

In other words, thermal stones will not change temperature faster/slower if they are out of your inventory, unless they are closer to or farther from the heat source than you are.

Thanks. I couldnt' find it in the mechanics of the .lua files either, so maybe I'm just special. But i can't read Lua very well, either.

I found the difference to be a couple of seconds, and likely to do with a few steps from the heating/cooling source.

Overall, standing close to the hot/cool source is the key rather than if you are holding it or not. The other extreme is not to let it get to its cooled/heated down/up state or it's worse than having nothing at all. 

Archived