The Meat Effigy

Given that it seems that any ghost can use a meat effigy to resurrect - in a PvP-enabled world, it seems a risky strategy to build one (due to the 30 health penalty).

I would suggest that Meat Effigies do NOT appear on the map in PvP-enabled worlds, so I could hide mine away somewhere, to minimize the risk of handicapping myself only for someone else to reap the benefits.

I think the Life-Giving amulet wil be the respawn method of choice in PvP-enabled games, assuming you die by a creature/environmental effect, rather than another player, who will just take the amulet from your lifeless body. Unless you can haunt it, resurrect and GTFO before he kills you again with your lowered post-resurrection stats and lack of equipment.

PvP has a lot of issues regarding it to be honest.

Especially now that we've been given an idea of how the game will properly function we can create assumptions on how things will play out.

I don't specifically have a direct solution to the problem that you propose so as a result I'm just going to propose yet more issues:

- As a ghost you can just explore and find other people's bases (been said before)

- The amulet is notoriously underpowered due to the fact that it replaces armour (I've only used it with the Backpack & Amulet mod)

- If PvP is really a thing (Which I couldn't care if it is or isn't) then range weapons will be extremely overpowered

- Once again, if PvP is a thing then as a result of everyone running at the same speed, chasing would be useless

- If PvP is a thing (seriously most issues derive around PvP anyway) then disconnecting from the server would basically say "Well I've progressed as much as a want, who wants to steal my s***?"

- If public servers are a thing, what would dictate a person's ability to just go into someones base and steal everything bearing in mind PvP wouldn't be allowed - as a result creating little to no defense against a raider on a PvE server

- If PvP is a thing (getting old) then it would be very easy to break someone to the point where they literally can't get enough to rise from the ashes again

I foresee public games (PvP-enabled or not) being a nightmare, with resource theft as you mentioned.

Regarding the speed thing, it depends on the character, and equipment (walking cane even more important than in SP).

Re the amulet: with no automatic resurrection, it's another item that will be hidden away somewhere, rather than worn, I think. Die, run back to the amulet in ghost form and resurrect (at least I think that's how it's going to work).

Yeah, the various darts will see a lot of use, I think, which is actually a change from SP, where they seem to be under-utilised.

I really think the only quality gaming experience will be on private servers with friends/ forum acquaintances you can trust not to act like trolls.

But we will see, if and when there's an open alpha/beta testing phase for the community to partake in.

I really think the only quality gaming experience will be on private servers with friends/ forum acquaintances you can trust not to act like trolls.

Which is why I'm not the PvP bandwagon.

But we will see, if and when there's an open alpha/beta testing phase for the community to partake in.

That's pretty much all we can do now. 

That and speculate.

PvP seems like it could be a total flop honestly, in terms of balance.

Join server as Maxwell with the end-game gear he spawns with, and it's basically GG.

I really just want PvP so I can smack my friend if they say a pun

I foresee public games (PvP-enabled or not) being a nightmare, with resource theft as you mentioned.

Regarding the speed thing, it depends on the character, and equipment (walking cane even more important than in SP).

Re the amulet: with no automatic resurrection, it's another item that will be hidden away somewhere, rather than worn, I think. Die, run back to the amulet in ghost form and resurrect (at least I think that's how it's going to work).

Yeah, the various darts will see a lot of use, I think, which is actually a change from SP, where they seem to be under-utilised.

Which is why I'm not the PvP bandwagon.

That's pretty much all we can do now. 

That and speculate.

This is why i suspect PvP characters will have different abilities than PvE and it will be a toggable thing like the RoG add-on. But it's so early, we'll have to see. 

Archived